Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Monday, May 10, 2010

April '10 Recap

Here’s a quick look at what I’ve been doing around here this past month …

Books = 5 (1,869 pages)

Audiobooks = 5 (38.6 hours)
  • Three Cups of Tea, by Greg Mortensen (13.5 hours) – I wasn’t a fan
  • Genesis, by Bernard Beckett (3.85 hours) – predictable but not all bad
  • Teacher Man, by Frank McCourt (9 hours) – loved this one
  • Star Trek, by Alan Dean Foster (8 hours) – just like the movie
  • Candide, by Voltaire (4.25 hours) - satire. enough said.

DNF = 1
  • Folly, by Laurie R. King – I’ve realized that I need to stick with her Mary Russell books; they are more my cup of tea.
Other Things

That was my month … how was yours?


Serena said...

You've been a busy be. Will you be sharing the list with the other d.c. area bloggers?

Heather J. said...

Serena - Yes, everyone who contributed will get access to the info. :)

Avid Reader said...

Looks like you had a great month! I loved the audio of Teacher Man too. McCourt's lyrical voice just sucked me right in.

Here's my summary...

Alyce said...

Your April looks like it was nicely balanced between reading and listening. Hope you have a great month of reading in May!

Heather J. said...

Avid Reader - McCourt is great, isn't he?!

Alyce - Yes, I was surprisingly balanced this month! ~LOL~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin