Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Getting a new bookcase!

I don't know about you but I really need a new bookcase. My house is relatively small and filled with mostly hand-me-down furniture. And since most of the people I know are not big readers, no one is handing me down any bookcases.

My sister promised to give me the beautiful barrister bookcases she had in her house and I was so excited about that. Then she decided to move them to her basement instead. Oh, the horror!

My uncle gave me a lovely small china closet a few years back. Books would fit in beautifully, but of course my china is in there - and I DO so love my china!

I also have a small rolling file cabinet that I got from work when we moved offices. I use as an end table in my living room - it is completely filled with books both inside and on top.

All of Kiddo's books are on a big, white bookcase in my living room. Why is it that HE gets the good space?! Well, that's because kids books are notoriously hard to stack ... unlike my own books, which stack perfectly well.

So you can imagine my excitement when I was offered a brand new bookcase - of my own choosing - for free!!! Oh the joy!!!

CSN Office Furniture is looking to expand their customer base and they reached out to bloggers to help do that. Kudos to them for seeing the potential in blogs! I was really excited to browse their site and see if there was anything that would work for me.

Can I tell you that I'm completely impressed?! My wish list for office furniture is about a mile long now. If they gave me an unlimited budget for this promotion, here are the things I might want to order:




Of course that is not to be because we are NOT dreaming. :) Getting back to reality ...


I chose a very reasonably priced bookshelf that will go perfectly in my living room. I can't wait for it to arrive! My new treasure stands 5' tall and will give me almost 200" of additional shelf space - woohoo!

You can bet that I'll be putting it together as soon as it arrives. I'll try to remember to take pictures of the putting-together process for you but there's no guarantees there - I might be too excited. I will DEFINITELY take a picture of it when it is loaded up with books though!


If you are considering a new bookshelf, entertainment center, or office furniture of any type, I encourage you to check out CSN Office Furniture. Their website is easy to navigate, their products are gorgeous, they offer free shipping on most items, and they have lots of items on sale (and SALE is always a good word). Plus they are blogger-friendly and we should definitely thank them for that!

18 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I need another bookcase, so I'm totally jealous!

Anonymous said...

How lucky are you?!? Congrats on the new bookshelf...I'm sure it'll feel very welcomed. :-D

Sarah said...

That will be so fun! One of my favorite things is putting my books onto a new bookcase. That white one in the first row of pictures is gorgeous! I'm sure all us readers dream of the same thing, a whole room dedicated to books on beautiful shelves...

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

bermudaonion - sorry I can't send you one too!

softdrink - I KNOW, right?! I'm super excited.

Sarah G - The pics you posted of YOUR bookshelves gave me some ideas for how I want to stock mine ... stay tuned for pics. :)

Amanda said...

Oh that is too awesome!!! I totally need a new one too. Currently I have books piled on our table in the kitchen among other places in the house. Lovely!

Jamie said...

Before I even scrolled down to the bookshelf you chose, I was thinking "hmmm, that white one would look good in her living room...". Congrats on your new shelves!

Anna said...

That's awesome! Wish I was that lucky. I still haven't replaced the bookcase that collapsed, and I have piles of books all over my bedroom floor. LOL

I think you made a great selection. Can't wait to see a pic with your books in it.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Lisa said...

Oh lucky you! Great choice too, I love the feet.

Dreamybee said...

Woohoo! Lucky you! All of our bookshelves are crammed full and even double-stacked. I would love a new bookshelf...but I don't know where I would put one!

Robin M said...

That is so awesome and I'm so jealous. I'm in the market for bookshelves so will have to check out their site. Congratulations and looks good.

Suey said...

I am hoping to be getting new book cases very very soon, for my new library corner, or book nook as I may call it. Anyway, I was thinking of going with IKEA but perhaps I'll check out that link you've shared. Thanks!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Amanda - That's how I feel too ... I have books everywhere!

Jamie - That big white one was one of my faves as well.

Anna - Yes, free is ALWAYS good.

Lisa - I do too. :)

Dreamybee - I'm having the same problem, but I'm going to rearrange the room to MAKE it fit!

Robin - Please do check them out! Let me know if get anything.

Suey - Let me know if you find anything on there that works for you. I thought they were very reasonably priced.

Alyce said...

Congrats on the new bookshelf! I've been trying to convince my husband that we can rearrange the house to squeeze in one more, but he's doubtful. :)

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Alyce - Maybe if you give him the choice between stacks of books all around the house OR a new bookshelf ... ~LOL~

Ti said...

I need another bookcase too. That's a really nice one. I am soooo jealous.

Dawn - She is Too Fond of Books said...

Nice clean lines! Will you have any open space for knick-knacks, or will books fill it side-to-side and top-to-bottom?

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Ti - Wish I could share!

Dawn - I'm thinking all books, but we'll see ...

Serena said...

wow, another lucky furniture reviewer! Lucky duckling! I can't wait to see what you think of your bookcase.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin