Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Lovely Links #20 & Kiddo Scores!

Before I get to my Lovely Links I have to share a video with you. This is from Kiddo's ice hockey game this past Saturday (Halloween day, 10/31) when he scored his very first in-game goal - woohoo! He's #32 in the black jersey.






Welcome to the 20th edition of Lovely Links! I hope you enjoy the fun and interesting things I've seen around the internet lately ...


*** All Things Bookish ***

*** History and Historical Fun ***

  • A mock Roman naval battle in New York City? Yup, it happened.

  • Speaking of naval battles, check out this article about King Henry VIII's flagship "Mary Rose" which sank in a 1545 battle. So many artifacts have been recovered - and there are pictures!

  • Check out this home video from way back when Disneyland first opened - you won't believe how bright and colorful everything looks!

  • A naval discovery from the War of 1812 practically in my back yard - VERY cool.

*** Nature ***

That's all for now. Until next time ...

7 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Yay for Kiddo! He totally rocks!

Meghan said...

Yay Kiddo! That was exciting, I bet!

ME said...

Great Job Kiddo!

Love the Literature Map! Too much Fun!

Alyce said...

I've never seen a kids hockey game before - they're so cute!

I don't even want to think about the ROUS's. :)

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

bermudaonion & Meghan - Thanks! We're all thrilled about that goal. :)

Goddess - The map IS pretty fun - try it with a few different authors and the results are crazy fun!

Alyce - I know, aren't they adorable?! It is so much fun to watch. And no worries on the ROUSes ... these new rodents ARE unusually large but they are also rather cute!

Bill Ward said...

Thanks for the linkage!

Unknown said...

Great job, Kiddo!

- Mr. J-Ro

Blog Widget by LinkWithin