Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Read Your Own Books Read-A-Thon

My bloggy buddy and former BEA roommate Monica from The Bibliophilic Book Blog is hosting a read-a-thon with a twist - you have to read YOUR OWN BOOKS.  No review copies, no library books ... just those books you have actually purchased yourself that you've left to languish on your shelves.  Here's a bit of what Monica wrote on her blog:

I have the urge to have my very own read-a-thon! But not just any read-a-thon a 'READ YOU OWN BOOK READ-A-TON. I am going to do this for my last weekend as a free women before I have to go back to work...so...we are going to start it from 9am Friday August 13th and go until 9am Monday the 16th of August. I am so excited, I will have giveaways (of course) and I we can all sit and read together over the weekend! There will be prizes for most books read and best compfy reading place picture, and some more as  think of them! 

I can't commit to much reading myself that weekend but I will commit to read only books that I've purchased for those few days.  And I'm donating some prizes as well - yay!

If you'd like to participate, hop on over to Monica's blog and let her know.

4 comments:

bermudaonion said...

What a great read-a-thon. We've got company this weekend, so I can't join in the fun.

Beth F said...

I have to work and also have my book club on Sunday -- but I love this idea. Good luck and have fun.

Bybee said...

Great idea...I need to to something. My TBR is getting frightening.

Alyce said...

I wish I had time to participate, but it looks like we have too much going on that weekend.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin