Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Monday, July 12, 2010

Announcing the "Children of God" Read-a-long

Have you read THE SPARROW, by Mary Doria Russell?  If not you are missing out on a fabulous book, one of those books that really makes you think about the "big questions" in life.  A few months ago I co-hosted a read-a-long of that book in the hopes that I could introduce it to more readers.  It was a great success, and now I want to read the follow-up book with you as well.

Children of God (Ballantine Reader's Circle)CHILDREN OF GOD continues the story that began in THE SPARROW.  For me, it is an even better book than the first one, but not everyone agrees.  Are you ready to give it a try?  Plan to read along with me in August and see where you stand.

Details and the sign-up post will come at the start of August - look for a copy of the book now and be ready to join in!

5 comments:

Mystica said...

I hadnt even heard of this author so will go look out now. Thanks for highlighting.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Ooh.... your read a longs are so interesting. Now I want to do this one too :)

Aarti said...

Ooh, I may do this one. The girl I read The Sparrow with has already read Children of God, and I really want to read it with someone and discuss, so hopefully I can get my act together for this!

Suey said...

I just picked this up at the library today, so I'm reading to go!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Mystica - You probably have time to read THE SPARROW before August - I'd love to have you join us for CHILDREN OF GOD!

Sheila - I hope you can join us - I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Aarti - These books are ones that you NEED to discuss so I hope you can join in. :)

Suey - You are so on the ball!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin