Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

BBAW: Interview Day

Today's Topic: Interview Swap!  Interview a blogger assigned to you by the BBAW team.  (Details on the daily topics can be found at the BBAW website.)


I'm happy to introduce you to a new-to-me blogger:


I really enjoy doing the interviews during BBAW each year and I hope you'll enjoy meeting LibrarysCat!

Let's start off with something fun. Give me one book I absolutely have to read, one book blog I have to visit, and one strange-but-true tidbit about you.
  • You absolutely have to read Astrid and Veronika by Linda Olsson. It is a beautiful book about the growth of an unlikely friendship.
  • A book blog you have to visit is Presenting Lenore who writes about YA literature so beautifully.
  • A strange but true fact about me is that my father’s plane disappeared in the Bermuda Triangle.

I haven't read Astrid and Veronika but I'll definitely check it out! I'm already a follower of Lenore's blog, so that's good.  And that last item is definitely strange - I can't imagine what that must be like ...

Ok, now back to the basics. How long have you been blogging, and what's the story behind your blog's name?
Hmm, I have been blogging for about nine years, but blogging about books for only about three years. As for the name of my blog – every library needs a cat, sneaking about the stacks with soft paws.

I couldn't agree more about the cat!  Next question: There are so many book blogs out there now - what makes yours unique? Or, what are you most proud of when it comes to your blog?
I am not sure that it is unique. Although certainly we each have our own writing style and different things that we share which are of a personal nature – different levels of openness. I guess what I am most proud of is that I read a very wide variety of books – it is a rare book that I cannot finish.

Are you a book keeper, a book swapper, a book borrower, or something other species of reader?
I am a book keeper, much to my husband’s dismay. However, I do love to loan my favorite books to my friends so that they will read them and we can gush about them together. And once they are loaned, I usually don’t mind if they never come home.

I'm like that with books I lend out as well - as long as I know they are being loved somewhere else I'm ok.  Moving on ... list three things that you like to do that are unrelated to books.
  • I love going to the beach. The sounds and smells are soothing to me
  • I love playing with my three Chihuahuas – my husband and I treat them like they are babies.
  • I love to crochet although I am not very good at it.

What author's book would you buy ASAP knowing nothing about it but who wrote it? What's so great about that author?
I would pick up any book written by Per Petterson. He is a Scandinavian author that I love. He manages to paint pictures with his words.

I don't think I've ever heard of Per Petterson - I'll have to check him out.  What is your favorite thing about the book blogging community? Your least favorite?
I love that people are so friendly and so devoted to reading – each blog has a little something different to offer and I learn so much each day as I move through my Google reader! The only thing I don’t like is that once in a while you run across someone who seems to think they are a better reader, a better writer, a better reviewer – oh you know the type. I really do not care for that attitude and thankfully it is rare.

Now for a bit of oddity: If you were a Muppet, which one would you be?
I thought maybe I would be Miss Piggy – you know - devoted to Kermit, smart and loyal. But because I didn’t know, I did what any librarian would do and found a test to take. I am definitely Kermit! Center of attention (really??) and green!

I love that you thought of finding a quiz to answer this question - what fun!

Thanks so much to LibrarysCat for answering all my questions.  You can visit her blog today and see what she asked me.  And please continue to visit her blog after BBAW!

20 comments:

Kailana said...

This is a new-to-me blogger, too! I really enjoyed reading her answers, though. Great questions!

Ryan said...

One of these days I'm wanting to learn how to crochet and/or knit. Great interview.

Lenore Appelhans said...

Aww! Thanks!

Alyce said...

That is so strange about her dad's plane in the Bermuda Triangle. I am an ok crocheter (is that a word?), but have a tendency to quit halfway through crochet projects.

Fun interview! I'll head over and check out your answers now.

Alyce said...

The first part of the link to her blog "visit her blog" has a link that doesn't seem to work, although the link on the word "today" works.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Thanks everyone for dropping by!

Alyce - I fixed the link - thanks. :)

TexasRed said...

Great review! I'm headed over to check her out (and your side of the interview).

Natalie~Coffee and a Book Chick said...

Oh, my goodness, I'm so very intrigued (and saddened for you) on the loss of your father's plane in the Bermuda Triangle. :( This subject has always been so very fascinating, and I've always wanted to understand why it happens -- I guess I'm one of the ones that get swept up in the mystery of it all, but there has to be something that explains it.

Really interesting interview -- and you're a new-to-me blogger as well, so I'll be hopping on your site to be a new follower!

BURIED IN BOOKS said...

Great interview! I love the questions you asked and I love librarians. They have so much to share with us as bloggers. You can't imagine what I've learned from some of the librarians I've commented with online. And now, I've found another one.

Off to read your interview!

Heather

bermudaonion said...

That is so scary that her dad disappeared in the Bermuda triangle!

Kim (Sophisticated Dorkiness) said...

Another good interview - you thought of more creative questions than I did :) How weird about the Bermuda Triangle - I've never "met" anyone that happened to.

Anonymous said...

Great questions! And I second the recommendation for Astrid and Veronika...it's a great book.

Anonymous said...

Love the blog name, I haven't read any of the books she mentioned, I should add them to my list.

Valerie said...

A new-to-me book blog. I have heard good things about Astrid and Veronika but this is the first time I've heard a blogger mention it. The book has been around a while and I beleive was made into a movie?

Wow, I didn't realize that planes were still being lost over the Bermuda Triangle. I'm sorry that LibrarysCat's dad's plane was one of them.

Going to check her blog now!

Margaret @ Creative Madness Mama said...

Wow, nine years?! That's the longest blogging I've heard of yet and to be admired. :)

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading this interview, such fun questions and great answers. And like the others, I'm intrigued about the Bermuda triangle.

Library Cat said...

It is so nice to meet all of you! I was so lucky to be partnered with Heather and totally enjoyed the process! Book bloggers are great people!

Serena said...

Per Petterson is awesome! I love that she found a test to take.

Anna said...

Ah, another book keeper! My husband isn't too thrilled about it either, but he's getting used to it. ;)

Dawn @ sheIsTooFondOfBooks said...

I've had OUT STEALING HORSES on my shelf for a few years, will have to push it up.

LOL on the muppet quiz! I'm afraid I'd be a Bert (or an Oscar, some days).

Thanks for helping us get to know LibrarysCat better.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin