Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Today

Today ...

    American Widow
  • I'm reading American Widow, by Alissa Torres.  It's a graphic memoir detailing the aftermath of 9-11-01 from the authors point of view: her husband died on his 2nd day of work in the Twin Towers.

  • I'm watching a program on the History Channel called The Man Who Predicted 9/11, about a man named Rick Rescorla.  You may remember from my review of We Were Soldiers Once ... And Young that he was also in the Battle of Ia Drang; he was a hero again and again in his life.


    .
  • I'm remembering the horror of of 9-11-01 and the days that followed.  It is a time I will never forget.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure most of us can recall exactly where we were on that day. We should always remember.

Robin M said...

I doubt anyone will ever forget what they were doing or what happened on 9/11. It will always be with us.

Bybee said...

I'd like to read the graphic novel...it would be sad, but I'm sure it would be good.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Kay - Yes, we surely should.

Robin - I remember it like it was yesterday.

Bybee - It was sad, but also very enlightening - well worth reading, though I'm still not really a graphic novel/memoir person.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin