Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Sunday, September 12, 2010

BBAW: Meet Miss Remmers

[I'm a bit early for Book Blogger Appreciation Week (it actually starts tomorrow) but I have a book tour post that has to go up then so I'm putting Monday's BBAW post up now.]


Today's Topic: First Treasure - We invite you to share with us about a great new book blog you’ve discovered since BBAW last year! (Details on the daily topics can be found at the BBAW website.)

When I attended BEA back in May I met a TON of book bloggers.  In many cases I had visited their blogs maybe once before, or seen their names in the comment section, or at least recognized their blogs' names.  But there was one blog that was completely new to me and that I find myself rooting for again and again ...





Miss Remmers is a brand new high school teacher who designed this blog for her students' use.  Her blog's tagline is: "To instill in students a passion for recreational reading."  Miss Remmers' Review features book reviews, "Get Caught Reading" photos, updates on the books her students check out from her library, and many other topics.  Her latest project - which was just approved by the school - is to teach The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins as part of her curriculum this year.

Miss Remmers has a passion for reading and she is actively working to instill that passion in her students.  I wish there were teachers like this when I was in school - I wouldn't have felt so alone and different because I loved to read.  She is the kind of teacher that my husband would have benefited from, the kind that I hope Kiddo has one day.

Just for fun, here's a picture of Miss Remmers and me from BEA.  No, I am really not that tall (I've never been called "tall" in my life) - I had on extra high heels and I think she was wearing flats.


I encourage you to check out Miss Remmers' Reviews - it's a blog worth following!

15 comments:

Miss Remmers said...

Ahhh!! What an awesome surprise!! Thanks! :):)

And I'm just really short...so everyone looks taller with me in the picture.

Thanks for all the very kind words of encouragement!!

bermudaonion said...

I was lucky enough to have dinner with you and Miss Remmers and I agree - she is going to be an awesome teacher!

Lisa said...

I'm always delighted to read about the enthusiasm that Miss Remmers brings to her classroom. I wish my daughter could have her for a teacher--a love of reading is something I'm still working on instilling in her.

Trisha said...

Great choice Heather!

Marg said...

One of the best things about BBAW is finding new blogs to read!

Athira said...

Loved your post! I have to check Miss Remmers' blog now!

Alyce said...

Her blog sounds great and it's completely new to me. I'm going to go take a look at it now.

Amy said...

Great choice of bloggers to feature! I absolutely love Miss Remmers as well :D

Amanda said...

Reagan is awesome! I love her to death and I have the best picture from that same night at BEA. :D

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

YAY for reagan!!!! Great pick! Isn't she just fun?

Anonymous said...

I know I should visit your blog more often, which I shall put down as one of my BBAW resolutions for today :) And I'm now off to check out Miss Remmers' Reviews.

Jenn's Bookshelves said...

Aww! What a great spotlight. I agree, Miss Remmers has a great blog!

Beth F said...

great spotlight on a great blog.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Thanks all! Miss Remmers has a great blog and tons of enthusiasm, and I hope you will all visit her often. :)

Michelle said...

Kudos for getting The Hunger Games into the curriculum! I'll be interested to hear how it turns out.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin