Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Friday, September 24, 2010

This Weekend ...

Cool things to do at the Baltimore Book Festival this weekend:
  • Literary Walking tours: Take this guided 90-minute walking tour with the Maryland Humanities Council past Mount Vernon’s elegant mansions and majestic cultural institutions and follow in the footsteps of the many famous authors, poets, and editors who sojourned in Baltimore’s cultural hub.
  • Meet authors you love, and have the chance to really chat with them
  • Visit A Likely Story Bookstore and meet some fabulous childrens book authors.
  • Debate the merits of Zombies versus Unicorns: Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier lead their teams of authors in a debate inspired by their new short story collection Zombies versus Unicorns.
  • Hang out with other bloggers at The Wonderful World of Book Blogging panel
  • Snack on funnel cakes and soft serve ice cream and watch cooking demos from famous chefs
  • Bring your little kiddos to be a part of the storybook parade where they can meet their favorite costumed characters and march around the festival to fun music on Saturday at noon.
  • Chat with blogger-friendly authors like Sarah Pekkanen, author of The Opposite of Me (hi Sarah!).
Come on Sunday and - bonus! - you get to meet me!  Hope to see many of you there!

12 comments:

Suey said...

Sounds like a blast. Have fun! I look forward to your report on it all.

Amanda said...

How exciting!! Take some photos!

Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) said...

I don't live anywhere near Baltimore but I love love love Book Festivals! Sounds like a good way to spend your weekend!

Dawn @ sheIsTooFondOfBooks said...

Oh, it sounds like you have a fabulous weekend on tap! I'm looking forward to reading your recap posts and to hearing more about all the excitement.

Thanks for representing book bloggers at the Baltimore Book Fest, Heather!

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Have fun! This sounds wonderful!

Andi said...

I'll attend the TX Book Festival in October, and I cannot WAIT for the Zombies vs. Unicorns panel. Rock on!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Andi - Stay tuned for my recap of the Zombies vs. Unicorns panel - it was HILARIOUS!!!

Meg @ write meg! said...

Oooh, sounds like there were so many awesome things going on! Hope you had a great time and your panel went well!

Christina said...

A bunch of ppl from FFC keep telling me you love books too and had a blog! Very cool! I have my own book blog over at http://christinasbooks.blogspot.com/
but I focus mostly on Young Adult novels.

I'm guessing you went to the Balt. festival? I went and got to meet quite a few authors that I love. I wrote a post about it. I had so much fun!

Christina said...

Okay, I just saw your comment about the zombies vs. unicorns panel! I was there! I wish I saw you. That's what my post is on. I got all of their signatures in my copy plus a couple more from Carrie Ryan. It was sooo funny!

Christina said...

sorry for so many comments, but I meant FCC not FFC. lol

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Christina - WELCOME! I'm off to check out your blog now! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin