Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Thursday, November 20, 2008

All's Quiet on the Blogging Front ...

It will be very quiet around here for a while because I'm heading to Florida to see my Gram and Grandpa, both of whom I've written about before. We'll also get to see hubby's cousins and lots of my other relatives while we're there. And if there are any bloggers in the greater West Palm Beach area, I'd love to meet you while I'm down there!*

It will be a wonderful trip but I will be (basically) without internet access for about 10 days ... OH THE HORROR! Since Blogger.com still thinks I'm a spam blog I won't even be able to schedule things to post while I'm gone.

I fully expect my Google Reader to be bursting at the seams when I return. In order to save my sanity I'm deciding right now to do the "Mark All As Read" thing as soon as I get home. I hate to do it but I think I really have to. That said, if you post about something really cool on your blog - a great book, wonderful photo, personal announcement, big controversy, or whatever you think is important - and you think I might enjoy it, please drop by this post and leave me a link. I'd really love to have a "hand-picked" selection of posts to read when I get back!

To my American readers, Happy Thanksgiving! To my international readers, Happy Blogging!

I'll miss you all while I'm gone.


Did I mention how many books I'm bringing? 'Cause the answer would be four, plus two audio books, and one big one that kiddo and I are working on. I doubt I'll get through them though ... Gram will keep me too busy!


*Seriously. I'd love to meet bloggers from Florida! Email me through the address in my profile. I should be able to check my email by stopping off at the local library and I promise to get back to you asap. :)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful way to spend the holiday. Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Here's my tip on dealing with an overflowing Google Reader:

Go through the list blog by blog, that way you can see if anyone posted something that looks fascinating, and skip all the memes, etc. Read what may be interesting, mark the rest of read.

Hmm, maybe I should make this an actual post on my blog, 'tis the season after all.

Alyce said...

I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip! I wish I was in Florida (it would be warmer for one thing) but I'm not!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

We will miss you!

Anonymous said...

No internet?!?! I hope the withdrawls aren't too bad.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Anonymous said...

You'll be missed. You're a favorite.

Lisa said...

Why does no one ever visit South Dakota??

Have a great trip, you should make a post just for people to leave you links at. :)

Kristen said...

Enjoy your trip. I'm in FL temporarily, too, near Clearwater...and I just missed the snow they got in TN, where I live! Bah!

(No cold weather in November is just unnatural.)

This is my first time visiting your blog, but I look forward to reading more of it when you return.

Rebecca Reid said...

I'm going out of town too, so I'll be quieting down too.

Have a nice trip and great Thanksgiving.

Nan said...

I wish you a lovely, lovely time with your family. I'm going to be offering a (two years of blogging) giveaway while you're gone, and I'll make a little slip with your name on it since I'm quite sure you will want to be entered - it's a reading woman wall calendar. :<)

Amy said...

Enjoy your holiday! It's freezing here, so I'm super jealous!

And since you're marking all as read, I thought I'd tell ya...it's a girl! :-)

Susan said...

Have a lovely trip! Enjoy getting away!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin