Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Lovely Links #6

For this week's Show and Tell I have some (mostly bookish) Lovely Links for you ...
  • Check out the video in this post - is the largest, most secluded bookstore in the US ... and I totally want to visit!
  • "When the genocide in Darfur has ended, what will you say you did to stop it?" Maw Books made a difference in September. If you missed out on your chance to support her, at least go read this book review post - it's very worth your time.

  • In the mood for something lighter and more fun? You must visit Dr. Roundbottom's website! According to tor.com: This site is a little bit fiction, a little bit photographic art, and a whole bunch of steampunk Victoriana. It’s a lot of fun. There are clockwork spiders, ocular fungus, snails with mushrooms growing on their shells, fire faery trees, steam wraiths, park crabs, and more. Now doesn't that sound like fun?!

  • And back to reality, check out these amazing photos from the aftermath of Hurricane Ike.

6 comments:

Sam said...

That invisible book shelf is a good idea, but at the same time it manages to horrify me!! I might dog-ear my books or break the spine, but this!!!!!?

Cara said...

That video was amazing! I'm totally going - It is on my "heaven-on-earth to-do list"!

Wow!!!

..al said...

I read through the book review. Thanks for making me focus on something I had completely ignored.

Kristin said...

I love the invisible book shelf...way cool!

battynurse said...

Great links. That one with the pics from hurrican Ike was amazing.

avisannschild said...

I totally want to visit that bookstore too! Not sure about those invisible shelves though; I can't imagine doing that to a book, even if I didn't want to read it ever again!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin