Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Annual Recap, and Looking Back


Today is my birthday and hence the end of my first year of blogging. Well, not exactly ... more like the end of my first year of keeping track of what I read, since I didn't start the blog until 2 months after my last birthday.

So, what I have done this year? I'm not really sure, but lets find out together!

*** Monthly Recaps ***

2007

November
5 books = 1,520 pages
3 audio books = 31 hrs, 26 min

December
4 books = 1,232 pages
1 audio book = 10 hrs, 23 min

2008

January
4 books = 1,864 pages
2 audio books = 40 hrs, 40 min

February
2 books = 496 pages
4 audio books = 41 hrs, 54 min

March
1 book = 272 pages

April
2 books = 816 pages

May
7 books = 2,689 pages

June
7 books = 2,184 pages

July
7 books = 1,832 pages

August
7 books = 2,073 pages
1 audio book = 17 hrs, 17 min

September
7 books = 2,297 pages

October
5 books = 1,715 pages
1 audio book = 11 hrs, 14 min

November 1-4
one final book = 672 pages

Plus 10 audio books from the Wheel of Time series explained in my left sidebar scattered throughout the year = 287 hours, 23 minutes


*** Totals for the Year ***
59 books with 19,662 pages
22 audio books lasting 440 hours, 17 minutes



*** Other Accomplishments ***

This year I started the Mom and Son Book Club with kiddo and we've both really been enjoying it.

I spoke at the Baltimore Book Festival and the Maryland Writers Association about the joys of book blogging

My book club and grown bigger and better.

And I've become a blogging addict.

All in all, a pretty good year!


I think this calls for a celebration, don't you? Follow the link for details on my Birthday Bash Book Giveaway!

8 comments:

Amanda@Lady Scientist said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad that you're not shutting down your blog. I've found some great books to read (or listen to) from you. So, I suppose, I owe you a thank you, too!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! It's my dad's birthday, too! All the good people were born in November. :)

Amanda said...

Congratulations on your blogiversary and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I am so glad you are not stopping your blog. And I HAVE to read The Mysterious Island now...I too am a Jules Verne fan without having read his books...now I will have to :)

Rebecca Reid said...

Happy birthday! I completely understand the "blogging addict" thing, since the same has happened to me!

Lezlie said...

Happy Birthday! Here's to many more years of great blogging!!

Lezlie

Lenore Appelhans said...

Congrats! I'm glad you are going to keep blogging :)

Anna said...

Wow! Busy reader! Congrats! And I, too, am glad you're still blogging.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Heather, and well done on a great year of reading! I am very glad you've become a blogging addict, because that means you won't leave us any time soon. I hope you'll stick around the blogosphere for a long time to come. And "in real life" I wish you happiness, fortune, good health and all the good things for the coming year!
Big hug,
Myrthe

Blog Widget by LinkWithin