- I hope to read/listen to 100 books this year. If you recall, on this blog the year goes from Nov. 4 of the current year to Nov. 3 of the following year (from one birthday to the next). Last year (age 30) I read/listened to 81 books, so I think my new goal is reasonable. I'm already up to 18 books since my birthday so I'm off to a good start.
- I don't plan to sign up for too many challenges in 2009. Before signing up for a challenge I will carefully consider if it will actually help me read what I want to read already and also if it will not cause me lots of stress to complete it. If either of those are not true, I won't be signing up. I'm also going to create a page to keep track of all my challenges through the year. Hopefully that will be up within the next week.
- I will not accept as many books for review as I have this past year. Although I loved many of the books I've received from authors and publishers, accepting books for review severely limits my reading flexibility. I feel guilty if I don't read those books in a timely manner, and I end up putting off books that I really want to read. So I will be more careful about which books I accept this year.
- In conjunction with #3, I will have more guest posts on my blog. Several friends have offered to read & review books that I've received from publishers but simply haven't had time to read myself. It will be fun for me (and hopefully for you) to hear what they say.
- I will endeavor to do at least one Mom & Son Book Club post each month. Kiddo and I have been slacking in our reading together lately and I want to make it a real priority for us.
I think that's all for now. Wish me luck in 2009!