Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Weekly Geeks: Favorite Blogs

For a while I was participating in a weekly blogging activity called Weekly Geeks. It was lots of fun and I really enjoyed the topics Dewey came up with for us to post about every week. Sadly, Dewey passed away recently (I wrote about it here). She had brought so such "community" to the book blogging world and no one wanted that to go away. So several groups of bloggers got together to continue hosting all Dewey's activities. I'm so glad to know that the Weekly Geeks are back - and we now have our own blog!



This week on Weekly Geeks our job is to talk about our favorite blogs.


That's a hard one for me. I recently culled my Google Reader list so I'm down to only 115 blogs. However, that includes the Weekly Geeks feed that Natasha from Maw Books set up a while back ... which means that I'm really subscribed to a lot more than 115!

My Reader is organized into the following folders:

  • Authors
  • Favorite Books
  • Books
  • Challenge Blogs
  • IF World (aka infertility blogs)*
  • Local Stuff (bloggers in Maryland)
  • Random Things
  • Personal Stuff

When I'm pressed for time, I skim over the blogs most of the categories but I ALWAYS read the blogs in my Favorite Books and IF World folders. That's a total of 22 must-read blogs. I hate to exclude ANYONE (because I love all of you) but I'm also know that most of you won't go check out the blogs I list if I give you too many to visit. Ha! Am I right or what?!

Without further ado, a sample of my favorite blogs in alphabetical order:

I'm sorry for not including all of the blogs in my reader. If you want to see who else I read regularly just check out my right side bar. And be sure to check out some of the other posts this week!


* This might need a bit more explanation for some of my readers. Just like there is a wonderful book blogging community, there is also a wonderful community of women dealing with infertility in it's many facets. I have secondary infertility for unknown reasons. For years we tried medical procedures to have a second child, without success. As we came to the end of trying, I found the IF community. So even though we're not trying for a second child any more I still like to visit some of the IF blogs I discovered back then - there are some great gals out there, and I love them all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Chartroose's and Ruth's blogs too. Chartroose always makes me laugh.

Amanda said...

Thank you for mentioning my blog! You are a favorite of mine as well :) I'm checking out the other blogs you listed. Great picks!

Lenore Appelhans said...

I love your blog - and I'm going to try to comment more and lurk less :)

Bybee said...

Thanks for mentioning me (and Tuffi, of course.)

Susan Elliott said...

I'm so excited that I made your list. I love your blog too and it's the only book blog I read -- I come to you for everything book-ie.... xoxoSusan

Blog Widget by LinkWithin