Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Monday, January 5, 2009

What Kind of Reader Are You?

I saw this quiz posted over at The Bookworm and Open Mind, Insert Book. My results are accurate but a bit funny all the same.

What Kind of Reader Are You?
Your Result: Literate Good Citizen

You read to inform or entertain yourself, but you're not nerdy about it. You've read most major classics (in school) and you have a favorite genre or two.

Obsessive-Compulsive Bookworm
Dedicated Reader
Book Snob
Fad Reader
Non-Reader
What Kind of Reader Are You?
Quiz Created on GoToQuiz

What really makes me laugh is that Literate Good Citizen BARELY won out over the three way tie between Obsessive-Compulsive Reader/Dedicated Reader/Book Snob.

There were some questions that I could have answered differently so I took the quiz again. This time Obsessive-Compulsive Reader topped the list: You're probably in the final stages of a Ph.D. or otherwise finding a way to make your living out of reading. You are one of the literati. Other people's grammatical mistakes make you insane. How true, how true! Except for the Ph.D part of course.

A few different answers resulted in Dedicated Reader topping the list: You are always trying to find the time to get back to your book. You are convinced that the world would be a much better place if only everyone read more. Now THAT is totally me.

And finally, a few more tweaks brough Book Snob to the top: You like to think you're one of the literati, but actually you're just a snob who can read. You read mostly for the social credit you can get out of it. Oh no! This is most certainly NOT me.

So really what this quiz is telling me is that I have split-personality disorder when it comes to books. Go figure!

But anyway, that was fun. If you take the quiz be sure to leave me a comment with your results.


10 comments:

Amanda@Lady Scientist said...

I'm a Dedicated Reader. I thought that was fairly accurate :-)

kellyrae said...

Another Dedicated Reader here, with Obsessive-Compulsive Bookworm and Literate Good Citizen coming in close behind.

I didn't like the question about what my bookshelves look like, though, because just because I don't buy books doesn't mean I don't read!

RAnn said...

I'm a dedicated reader--but I found one of the answers to some fit me. http://rannthisthat.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I think you're the first Literate Good Citizen I've seen. It said I'm a Book Snob. I hope that's not true.

Sara said...

I'm another Dedicated Reader. Fun quiz - thanks for posting it.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't truthfully answer some of the questions so I don't know where I 'really' should be.

Anonymous said...

I'm another Dedicated Reader and the description really sounds like me. I mean, wouldn't the world be a better place if.....? Ha!

Anonymous said...

I'm a Dedicated Reader. I love book quizzes!

Jules said...

I took the quiz, and enjoyed it! I'm an Obsessive-Compulsive Bookworm! Which fits me perfectly. The "my floors are sagging because of the weight" and "what does this question have to do with reading" fit me perfectly!

Alyce said...

I'm a dedicated reader too!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin