Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Thursday, June 17, 2010

BBAW Nomination





Book Blogger Appreciation Week is coming soon! If you don’t know about BBAW you can check out the details here.  In short, it is a week to celebrate all the great things about being a book blogger and to connect with other bloggers around the world. It is a book-blogger-love-fest and a lot of fun to be a part of.

This year, to simply the awards process and make it fairer to everyone, bloggers must nominate themselves if they’d like to be considered for an award. Nominating your own blog doesn’t mean that you think you have the best blog out there; it simply means that you’d like the judges to take a look at your best posts and give them consideration.

The nomination process includes writing a post (like this one) listing your five posts from the past year that best represent the particular category. I’m nominating myself in two categories …

Best Eclectic Book Blog: This blog doesn’t specialize in any one book genre. It is known for consistently excellent reviews, recommendations, analyses, and other content in a variety of genres

The five posts I think best represent the “eclecticness” of my blog are:

Best Written Book Blog: This blog is consistently well-written, clear, and engaging, no matter what the subject.

In my opinion the following are my five best-written posts from this year:

There are tons of other fabulous blogs that fit into these categories but to me it's like the lottery: if you don't play, you can't win!

Even if you aren't interested in the awards, there are tons of great things to participate in during BBAW including blogger interviews, worldwide giveaways, suggested blogging topics, guest posts, and much, MUCH more. I hope all my book blogging readers will be participating this year!

12 comments:

Serena said...

Good luck!

Trisha said...

Good luck! I'm glad to see so many people participating in BBAW; it has me all excited and anxious for it to begin.

Amy said...

Yay!

Robin M said...

Good choices. I registered but opted out of the vote for me part. Look forward to BBAW. It will be fun.

Andi said...

I'm relatively new to your blog, but I've enjoyed it immensely so far and I'm glad to see you throwing your blog into the mix!

Alyce said...

I agree - you never know if you don't try. Good luck!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Thanks all! I'm enjoying seeing everyone else's entries too!

Beth F said...

Yay!! So glad you've thrown your hat in the ring.

Unknown said...

OMG! Really? Didn't BBAW just happen like yesterday??? LOL... How time flies.

bermudaonion said...

Good luck, Heather!

Amanda said...

Good luck to you!

MyLibraryCardWoreOut said...

Congrats on making it past the long list. Good luck.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin