This is one of the only children's books I picked up at BEA in New York earlier this month. It caught my attention because the cover art is so adorable. I was lucky enough to have it signed by the author too!
The story: Rabbit is chased through the dark by a fox but he makes it safely home. Shortly afterward, several of his friends knock on his door after being chased themselves. Suddenly the fox is knocking at the door ... but he isn't exactly what they expected.
Kiddo and I took turns with this, each of us reading one page out loud. Here are his thoughts:
- Did you like this book? Yes. I liked the book because it was fun.
- What was your favorite part? When the fox came in.
- What was your least favorite part? Didn't have one.
- What did you think of the illustrations? I thought they were cute.
- Would you recommend this book to your friends? To kids younger than me, like Johnny [that's Kiddo's almost-4-year-old cousin]
- Is there anything else you'd like to say about this book? I thought it was really cute and funny.
Kids' Picks is a monthly event hosted by 5 Minutes for Books.