Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Monday, June 7, 2010

My Final NYC Post: Part 6

[Check out Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4 and Part 5.]

My Last Night

After the fabulous Book Blogger Convention ended I headed back to my room for a short rest. One of my roomies, Monica, had already left for home by this point.  Since I didn't get a photo of her myself, I borrowed one from another roomie so I could share it with you.

two of my roomies, April @ Good Books and Wine, and Monica @ Bibliophilic Book Blog

After a too brief rest, the April, Shanyn and I headed out to for dinner with a whole slew of other bloggers.  It was the PERFECT way to cap off a great week.  Check out the fabulous bloggers who all shared one huge table:


Carey @ The Tome Traveller (with her husband), Trish @ Hey Lady!, Lenore @ Presenting Lenore


Allie @ Hist Fic Chick, Jenn @ Jenn's Bookshelves, and my roomies: April @ Good Books and Wine, and Shanyn @ Chick Loves Lit

 Alix @ Heetr, Sheila @ Book Journey, Trisha @ eclectic/eccentric, and me 

Heading Home

My train home wasn't leaving until 2pm so my final morning was rather relaxed.  I lugged my bags of books over to the post office and shipped them home (with one box of BBC swag going to Laura @ Laura's Review Book Shelf, as promised).


The most hilarious part was running into two other bloggers at the post office. :)

Then I had lunch at Penn Station and hopped on the train home.  Coming soon, look for a review of the BEA book that I finished on the ride home.

There will be one more post about some of the great books I picked up during the week but this is officially the end of my recapping.  And I am exhausted! Hope you enjoyed all the pictures. :)

16 comments:

ME said...

Thanks for sharing! Looks like you had a good time!

Nicole (Linus's Blanket) said...

You have done an awesome job at recapping! I am still too tired to even tackle it. the one thing I do want to talk about is the tours that I went on.

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Had to stop in and see the final BEA post. I think I am there too, I have broke it down, shared the stories, the pics, and yesterday - the books. Oh man.... the books. LOL

I will have BEA reviews going up this week too. Couldn't wait to dive in!

bermudaonion said...

The dinner looks like so much fun! I ran into bloggers several different times in New York - we just took the city over!

monica said...

I do like the pictures! It looks like you all had a wonderful time and are great friends.

Elisabeth said...

Thank you so much for posting these pictures!! I would have loved to have been there, but my family vacation was at the same time! It is so fun to see the "faces" behind the names!! Thanks, Heather!! Elisabeth

Amanda said...

That is so awesome! Thank you for posting all the photos and stuff. I so wish I had been there but maybe next year. Woohoo!

Serena said...

Thanks so much for sharing all these great photos.

Amanda said...

Wonderful post, and i love all the pictures!! It was great meeting you. I think I've said that already, but I'll say it again. :D

Alyce said...

I can't wait to see what all of the books are that you scored at BEA! Love all of the pictures! :)

Valerie said...

I've enjoyed reading your BEA posts. And, in this way, I've even found some new-to-me book bloggers that I'm going to have to check out!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Goddess – You would have LOVED it! Maybe you can come with me sometime …

Nicole – It WAS a rather daunting task, but I knew if I didn’t do it right away I never would. And I’m looking forward to your tour posts!

Sheila – My first BEA review goes up tomorrow – I’m ridiculously excited about this …

Bermudaonion – Too bad you couldn’t have joined us for dinner, especially considering that you were stuck at the airport. :)

Monica - The best part about it was that many of us were meeting for the very first time!

Elisabeth – Glad you enjoyed all the pics. Maybe you can join us next time!

Amanda – I still can’t believe you’re not in NYC anymore. But hopefully you’ll be able to come next time.

Serena – Always happy to share!

Amanda – You too! And feel free to borrow any pics that you like. :)

Alyce – Hopefully I’ll be sharing about all the books in my next two Friday Finds posts …

Valerie – YAY! I’ve got you addicted to even MORE blogs! LOL

Lenore Appelhans said...

Enjoyed your recaps :) I still need to finish mine. I was so happy I got the chance to meet you!

Michelle said...

You had a much more enjoyable time post BBC! I was flat out and asleep by 8ish, haha. Sorry to have missed such a fabulous dinner :)

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Lenore - I was thrilled to meet you as well!

Michelle - Well, that's understandable - you worked REALLY hard beforehand (and did a fabulous job).

Anonymous said...

You sure met a lot of bloggers! Wow!

The post office was really easy, and even if I don't have to worry about luggage rates on the plane ride home the next time, I think it's the way to go.

--Anna

Blog Widget by LinkWithin