Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Lovely Links #15


Lovely, lovely links! There are always so many interesting things to find and share - I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

Fun & Interesting

History
Books
  • Laurie R. King reads from THE BEEKEEPER'S APPRENTICE set to a video of the Sussex Downs, cottages, 1917 England, and sheep. It is quite lovely.
  • This Book Swap and Salad Club sounds like a lot of fun - I may have to suggest this to MY book club as a break from our routine.
  • What do hockey players and the Bronte sisters have in common? This post explains it all.
Books into Movies
  • Coming in August, The Time Traveler's Wife. I know a lot of you really enjoyed this book but I found the audio version rather, um, boring ...
  • Coming in December, The Lovely Bones. A few gals in my book club read this and loved it but I've not been brave enough - the subject matter is a bit much for me.
  • A peek on the set of Harry Potter 6, coming in July.
  • New Moon's werewolf pack undressed, plus a very short comment from Taylor Lautner. And they are going to film Breaking Dawn ... you knew it was coming, but this is sooner than expected. AND the poster for New Moon can be seen here.
  • A clue as to where Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part One will end.

That's all folks!

11 comments:

MoxieMamaKC said...

Thanks for the links! VERY interesting stuff about the Hapsburgs, the Titanic, et al. You completely MADE MY DAY by letting me know about "Time Traveller's Wife"!!! Thank you! Gold stars for Heather today!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Moxie - glad to be of help ... and ALWAYS glad to get gold stars!!! :)

chartroose said...

I didn't like The Time Traveler's Wife AT ALL, and I simply can't understand why so many women seem to love it so much. The book is as boring as the audio version, believe me.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

chartroose - ok then, I guess I'm in good company!

Amy said...

Haven't read Time Traveller's Wife but I didn't like the Lovely Bones...I really liked the first half but then it completely fell apart for me. I'll still see the movie, though.

Alyce said...

Awesome links! I can tell I'm going to be up late tonight checking them all out. :)

Anna said...

Thanks for linking to my interview with Susan Higginbotham. Glad you enjoyed it! Actually, I thought of you when I asked that question based on the discussion we'd had at lunch. :)

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Amy - Hmm, I don't think I want to see LOVELY BONES ... too depressing for me. :(

Alyce - Hope you find something worth reading!

Anna - Thanks for asking her about that! You already know my opinion on fact in historical novels and I was really excited to see that question in your interview.

Dawn - She is Too Fond of Books said...

book swap and salad is an excellent idea for a summer book group meeting!

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

I've listened to "The Time Traveler's Wife" and read the book. (Read the book first.) I ADORED this book... I did like the book version better than the audio book version. :)

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Dawn - I thought so too!

Rebecca - Well, maybe it was just me then (although Chartroose agrees with me!) :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin