Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Non-Fiction Five Challenge


I thought I was finished signing up for challenges, but this one is sort of a no-brainer. The challenge is to read 5 non-fiction books between May and September, and books for other challenges are allowed to count. Seriously, this is an EASY challenge - I LOVE non-fiction!

Here's what I'm going to read:
  • The Lost Men (actually finished already, but it IS a May book so it will count)
  • The Island at the Center of the World (audio, finished already, but also a May book)
  • The Secret Doorway (started already)
  • Mistress of the Vatican
  • The History of Celibacy
  • The Greatest Generation Speaks
All those books were already on my reading list for the next few months anyway, so now I just have double the incentive to read them.

There's still time to sign up for the challenge. If you're interested, click here for the details. And you can post your May reviews here.

If you are participating, please let me know in the comments. And post your reading list there - I'd love to see what you all find interesting!

4 comments:

Alyce said...

I haven't heard of the ones on your list, but The History of Celibacy sounds interesting. :)

Here is my list:

1. The Greatest Speeches of John F. Kennedy
2. Monique and the Mango Rains by Kris Holloway
3. Mountains Beyond Mountains by Tracy Kidder
4. Left to Tell by Immaculée Ilibagiza
5. The G-Free Diet by Elisabeth Hasselbeck

Jenny Girl said...

some of these titles certainly don't sound like non-fiction. I'll be on the lookout for your thoughts.

and with my compliments award

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Did you get my note about audio being just fine? I've been out of town and off of the Internet for a few days, so I wasn't sure. I still need to email you, but I'm really behind. :(

And...thanks for signing up!! :)

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

bermudaonion - thanks!

Alyce - the G-free diet would be really helpful for me (my brother-in-law has Celiac's disease, and Kiddo is allergic to wheat) so I'll be interested in what you have to say about it.

Jenny Girl - That's what I love about non-fiction ... it is always surprising. And thanks for the award!

Trish - Yes, I saw your reply to my comment, thanks!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin