Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

20-Minute Book Club Challenge - Recap

Last year Nicole @ Linus's Blanket started a blog talk radio show called That's How I Blog! which featured a different book blogger each week.  You can check out some of the recent episodes through the link in my left sidebar. 

At the end of each show Nicole and her guest do a mini-book club on a book chosen by the guest.  Nicole challenged her listeners to read the book as well and then call in to join the discussion.  I took her up on that challenge and committed to four books. 

I read the following books and called in to discuss each of them:
  • The Little Stranger, by Sarah Waters - VERY good book - I like it more the longer I think about it 
  • The Eye of the World, by Robert Jordan - ok, I cheated ... this was for the episode that featured me :) - but still, it's a great book and every fantasy fan should read it
  • Black Hills, by Dan Simmons - I loved the "idea" of this book  but the execution wasn't such a success
  • Beatrice and Virgil, by Yann Martel - um ... yeah ... not really sure what to say about this one ... you'll have to check out my review, though I don't know if it is much more coherent ...

I have to admit that I really haven't been listening to the show much over the last few months.  Although I really did enjoy it I found that I just didn't have the chance to listen to anything on the computer all that often.  Still, what I did listen to I really enjoyed; it was great fun getting to know other bloggers a bit better!

7 comments:

ImageNations said...

You are good with Challenges... I am yet to test it.

Alyce said...

I enjoy the show too but also have a hard time finding time to listen. The only one from your list that I read was Beatrice and Virgil and it wasn't my favorite.

Robin M said...

Good job reading some of the books. I don't get much time to listen to it either as its on tuesdays when cub scouts meetings are held.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Nana - I think it's just that I pick the challenges that I'm most likely to actually finish. :)

Alyce - It WAS a rather odd book ...

Robin - It's hockey practice night here. ;)

Suey said...

I quite failed with this one... oh, well. I haven't even listened to the show for a long time. But I really enjoyed it when I did!

bermudaonion said...

You did great! I totally bombed that challenge.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Suey - I haven't been listening lately either but it was fun when I did get to listen.

bermudaonion - Aw, that's too bad. :(

Blog Widget by LinkWithin