Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Next Few Days ... (and Remembering Summer #4)

Hope you all have a great New Year! I'm heading to Florida (on my own, without Hubby or Kiddo) to help my parents care for my grandparents for about a week.  I didn't have time to preschedule any posts so it will be quiet here for a while.  I'll have very limited email access so don't expect to hear from me until I get back.  And though I hate to do it, I'll be marking all posts in my Google Reader as read when I get back - I can't handle all those unread posts hanging over my head! LOL

Stay healthy, enjoy your family and friends, and here's to an amazing 2011!

I'll leave you with my 4th Remembering Summer pic - hope you enjoy another one of Kiddo. :)



Kiddo and N, my best friend's son

I met my best friend when we were both four years old.  We've had our ups and downs over the years and that shared history makes us even closer now.  This photo was taken at her son's 3rd birthday, about a month before her daughter was born.

13 comments:

Amanda said...

Happy New Year and have a safe trip!

Trisha said...

Enjoy your time in the warmth! I completely understand about the necessity of mark all as read...

Anonymous said...

Heather, I hope you have a wonderful New Year! I know you've had some challenges in 2010 and I pray that 2011 will be full of joy and contentment for you and your family. Hugs and be careful on your trip!!

Miri said...

Have a wonderful time!

Happy New Year!

Helen's Book Blog said...

Have a safe trip and cherish the time with your grandparents. Happy New Year

Kim (Sophisticated Dorkiness) said...

Have a safe trip and a happy new year! Another adorable picture of Kiddo :)

Literary Feline said...

Have a Happy New Year, Heather!

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Happy New year Heather!!!! See you when you return :)

Alyce said...

Happy New Year! I hope things have gone well for you during your time with your parents and grandparents.

Beth F said...

Happy new year to you!

Shanyn said...

Happy New Year Heather! :)

Serena said...

great picture and have fun.

I'm not sure how many books you read for the challenge, but there are 3 giveaways up for participants of the Vietnam War Reading Challenge. I hope you'll enter and spread the word.

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Hope all is well, Heather. I haven't been around a lot either but have noticed how quiet your blog's been. Hope you had a nice holiday season and happy new year.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin