Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Monday, June 30, 2008

Maggie Again

Yesterday I read Maggie Again, by John Husband. And yes, I do mean that I read ALL of it yesterday. It's a quick read - only 240 pages - and lots of fun. Here's what you need to know ...
Sixteen year old Maggie lives an idyllic farm life in 1926. Her father gets a new job and suddenly the family is living in New York City. Maggie's three best friends, boys from her home town, hitch a ride on a train to visit her in her new home ... but they never arrive. We find Maggie again in 1984 when she is 74 years old. She's just received news that may shed light on the fate of her childhood friends.
I'll stop there because I don't want to give anything away. If you're interested in reading this, I'd suggest that you NOT read the summary on the back of the book - to me it gives too much away.

This is a great vacation book, one that would be perfect for a quick weekend getaway. It's a fun, easy read and I couldn't put it down.

Thank you to Lisa Roe at Online Publicist for sending me this book - I really enjoyed it!

If you have reviewed this book as well, let me know so I can include your link here.

Update: I posted this on paperbackswap.com and someone ordered it within 20 minutes!

Also reviewed by:
Booking Mama (caution - spoilers here!)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin