Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Monday, June 9, 2008

Updates: Contests, Challenges, Reading

I’ve decided that today is the day for updates , since I DO have lots going on but DON’T have any reviews to post.

Contests:

I know that most readers want to know about contests, right? So here’s a list of the ones I know about:

  • Valentina is giving you a choice of which book you’d like to win.

If you have a contest going on, please let me know and I’ll add it here.

What I’m Reading:

  • Cane River, by Lalita Tademy – I read about 200 pages of this over the weekend, staying up way too late as night because I couldn’t put it down. I’ll finish within the next few days (depending on how much reading time I have) and post a review asap. This book will be my 5th for the Historical Reading Challenge.

Challenge Update:

  • Historical Fiction – 4 down, 1 in progress, one more to go (maybe; see above section) – challenge ends on Sept. 30
  • 1% Well Read – 2 in progress, 8 more to go – challenge ends in Feb. ‘09

What I’m Planning to Read Soon:

  • Matters of Faith, by Kristy Kiernan (ARC) – Kristy was kind enough to send me her very last ARC and I’m really looking forward to reading it. One of the main characters has severe food allergies and I’m interested to see how the author incorporates that into the plot line (if you don't know why this is important to me, click here). Plus Kristy has agreed to do an interview on my blog once I finish the book – yeah!
  • Matrimony, by Joshua Henkin – I received this book from the author after emailing him to say how much I’d like to read it. It’s not my usual fare, but it deals with characters who marry young and the changes they experience as their lives progress. I married my husband when I was just 20 years old, fresh out of college (I graduated early) and we’ll celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary this year; this book seemed appropriate for me. Joshua will also be sending me a signed copy of the paperback version later this summer so I can give it away here.

SO … that turned out a lot longer than I intended … oops. Oh well, thanks for hanging in there. What are your reading plans? I'd love to hear updates from all of you lurkers out there. ;)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin