Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Monday, June 23, 2008

Tidbits

First off, I added a link in the upper left sidebar to all the books my book club has read. The link takes you to a list of books. From there, if you click on the title or author it takes you to my book club's blog where you'll find a recap of our meeting. You won't find a traditional book review, but you WILL find random thoughts from the group and often, discussion questions or links to additional info.

Second, I just figured out that Blogger has a new feature. If you use Google Reader you can import ALL the blogs you read into your Blog roll in one quick & easy step! I've been putting off updating my Blog roll because it takes so long - now I'm glad I waited because this was SO simple. So now YOU can check out all the people that I'M checking out every day.

Third and finally, although I don't usually mention NEWS type items here, this story absolutely floored me. Please read it if you haven't already. I mean, I KNOW teens think they know everything - I certainly thought so when I was a teen - but these girls have no idea what they've gotten themselves into! My son is 6, and I had him when I was 24. It is a tough job, being a parent; I wouldn't trade a minute of it for anything, but it IS really hard ... and tiring ... and time-consuming ... and life-changing ... and ... and .. and ...

I do hope that reporters follow this story for the next 10+ years ... I wish the girls the very best, but I'm afraid to see how things turn out down the road ...

3 comments:

Ti said...

I got wind of that news story the other day. Those girls have no idea what is in store for them. I had my second child at 35 and there were nights where I didn't think I could handle it..and I was a grown person!

Lisa said...

Actually, there is some good evidence that the story is not exactly a hoax, but definitely a misunderstanding. According to the school superintendant, the school principal is the only one who has said anything about a pact. The girls deny it, the parents and doctors and teachers, etc, say they have never heard anything about it. They are speculating that there may have been a pact to raise their kids together after the fact, but not before.

Miss Feisty said...

I am so glad that you posted the books your bookclub read...I am looking for some good reads & I will just take from your list!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin