- I really liked it! I can believe how much I enjoyed the complete fluff that is Twilight. It's really quite ridiculous if you think about it, but I loved it anyway.
- It completely creeps me out that the guy who plays Jacob was also Shark Boy in the movie Shark Boy and Lava Girl. Kiddo loved Shark Boy. There is something seriously wrong when mom (me) thinks a child star (that kiddo really likes and who I remember as being a funny kid) is cute. *blech*
- There were some seriously funny parts. I tried not to laugh because I thought it was supposed to be all dramatic and stuff, but then I realized the girls behind us were giggling too. Then I had to laugh even harder.
- Jasper reminded me of Johnny Depp in Edward Scissorhands, and even a bit in Charley and the Chocolate Factory. I don't get why some girls think he's so adorable - he was just funny looking to me.
- I loved not knowing what was going to happen next. I avoided all spoilers before seeing the movie so it was lots of fun for me to be surprised.
- I am totally going to read the books now. All of them. And quickly. Although I'm restraining myself and not starting until just before Christmas.
- The vampire family was very intriguing to me. As soon as the movie ended I asked my friend if they book goes into their back stories and she said yes. I'd read the books for that reason alone.
I have more thoughts, but these include some MINOR spoilers so don't read on if you don't want to know what happened.
- What's the deal with the glaring and staring? For the first half of the movie Edward glares and Bella and Bella stares at Edward ... that's about it. It was quite odd.
- And speaking of odd, for the first half of the movie Edward is all pale and makeup-covered. But once he and Bella officially get together his color turns more normal. What's the deal with that?!
- I really liked James's character and I wish there was more of him. It seemed like he barely started tracking Bella and then BOOM he's dead. I would have liked to drool over him some more.
- One of the few things that I do know about the books is that Jacob is a werewolf so I enjoyed the hints they threw in and the foreshadowing of what comes next.
Have you seen this movie? Read the book? Plan to do either? I'd love to know!
And check out what other people say about it on this special Twilight edition of the Movie Madness Carnival!