This is an easy one for me. All I have to do is choose a number of books to read in the coming year that BELONG to me. No going out to find new books for this one - it's all about committing to read the ones I actually have in my possession.
Details and sign up instructions can be found here.
My goal is to read 20 books from my personal collection in 2009. The challenge doesn't require me to create a list but here are a few that I've been looking forward to finally picking up:
- A History of Celibacy, Elizabeth Abbott
- Mistress of the Vatican, Eleanor Herman
- A Thread of Grace, Mary Doria Russell
- A Short History of Nearly Everything, Bill Bryson
- People of the Book, Geraldine Brooks (audio version)
- Island, Aldous Huxley
- Where She Came From: A Daughter's Search for Her Mother's History, Helen Epstein
- Ireland: A Novel, Frank Delany