Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Monday, December 29, 2008

New Moon

New Moon
by Stephenie Meyer
608 pages

Again, I’m trying to catch up on a few reviews and since it seems that everyone who is interested has already read the Twilight books I think a bulleted list will suffice for my review. Warning: If you don’t want to know what anything that happens in this book, don’t read this review!


  • Bella is pathetic. Obsessed and pathetic. I can’t believe she fell for Edward’s lie. She needs a hard slap and a healthy dose of self esteem.
  • I really can’t stand Edward. Did he seriously think that would fix anything at all?! I’ve lost all respect for him.
  • I really liked the way that Meyer showed time passing near the start of the book. It was creative and saved us from page and pages of boringness.
  • I am totally in love with Jacob! Forget everything I said about the actor who played him in the movie – I don’t care about that anymore. You girls can have Edward - I’d happily take Jacob over him any day.

  • Could we PLEASE have Bella kiss Jacob for goodness sake?! I mean, the poor guy! I’m happy to step in and show her how it’s done.
  • Part of me was hoping that Edward would get killed. Then Bella could run back to Jacob and he could console her.
  • I liked this book MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the first book.

I was supposed to be waiting for my friend to buy this book for me but I just couldn’t wait. I bought it on Saturday afternoon, read 150 pages while at my in-laws after dinner, went to bed at 11:30pm and read until 3am (275 pages), only stopped because I finally came to a place that was someone reasonable to stop at, then got up an hour early for church so I could read some more. If it had been a Friday night (meaning I didn’t have to get up for church in the morning), I would have read straight through to the end and not stopped at 3am. I literally could not put this book down. I get nauseous reading in the car but I read all the way to church on Sunday morning (yes, hubby was driving). I can’t remember reading any book this obsessively in a very, very long time. Bring on book three!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahah I should have read this one before leaving my comments on the other review. Yes, yes, and yes! Heather, you said everything I thought.

(They kind of go downhill from here, but they're still fun to read. Can't wait to hear what you think of the last one...)

xoxo Kelly

Eva said...

Thanks for joining in my challenge Heather! Can't wait to see your contributions. :D

Anonymous said...

If this is how you feel about New Moon, you probably shouldn't read Breaking Dawn - it only gets better (::sarcasm::)

Anonymous said...

If this is how you feel about New Moon, you probably shouldn't read Breaking Dawn - it only gets better (::sarcasm::)

Stephanie said...

I felt bad for Jacob....but he still seemed a little hot headed to me. Then again, as much as I loved Edward in the first, he really annoyed the hell out of me in this one. The whole "I can't live without you, I want to die" thing. Blah....

Anonymous said...

i KNEW you wouldn't be able to wait to read the next book! try to slow down, or you won't get your Christmas present!!!

opheliazepp

Amanda said...

O too funny. But I agree...Jacob is way better than Edward. My older sister LOVES Edward though so I guess it's just a matter of opinion. I still haven't read the last book but will get around to it soon. :)

Katie said...

I love these books. I feel like such a teenage girl! I love Edward, but I have a crush on Jacob too...there's just something about him...

Kim L said...

I JUST finished this one today. OMG, Bella is SOOOOO whiny. Yeah, because most teenagers go into a catatonic state when their boyfriends break up with them... oh wait she's different because she's in love with a VAMPIRE... but willing to use a werewolf when she's at her loneliest.

And yet I couldn't stop reading because I was waiting to see what would finally happen when Edward came back. And I was pathetically happy that they were back together.

Literary Feline said...

I loved the time passing bit too. :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin