Again, I’m trying to catch up on a few reviews and since it seems that everyone who is interested has already read the Twilight books I think a bulleted list will suffice for my review. Warning: If you don’t want to know what anything that happens in this book, don’t read this review!
- Bella is pathetic. Obsessed and pathetic. I can’t believe she fell for Edward’s lie. She needs a hard slap and a healthy dose of self esteem.
- I really can’t stand Edward. Did he seriously think that would fix anything at all?! I’ve lost all respect for him.
- I really liked the way that Meyer showed time passing near the start of the book. It was creative and saved us from page and pages of boringness.
- I am totally in love with Jacob! Forget everything I said about the actor who played him in the movie – I don’t care about that anymore. You girls can have Edward - I’d happily take Jacob over him any day.
- Could we PLEASE have Bella kiss Jacob for goodness sake?! I mean, the poor guy! I’m happy to step in and show her how it’s done.
- Part of me was hoping that Edward would get killed. Then Bella could run back to Jacob and he could console her.
- I liked this book MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the first book.
I was supposed to be waiting for my friend to buy this book for me but I just couldn’t wait. I bought it on Saturday afternoon, read 150 pages while at my in-laws after dinner, went to bed at 11:30pm and read until 3am (275 pages), only stopped because I finally came to a place that was someone reasonable to stop at, then got up an hour early for church so I could read some more. If it had been a Friday night (meaning I didn’t have to get up for church in the morning), I would have read straight through to the end and not stopped at 3am. I literally could not put this book down. I get nauseous reading in the car but I read all the way to church on Sunday morning (yes, hubby was driving). I can’t remember reading any book this obsessively in a very, very long time. Bring on book three!