Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Read Alexander McCall Smith online now!

Are you a fan of the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency book? I have yet to read them, but I've heard good things. So I was excited to receive this email from an online PR group:
I'm currently working with the Telegraph, on a project by Alexander McCall Smith (author of No 1 Ladies Detective Agency). As you blog about all things fiction, I thought you might be interested. The author is writing an online novel on the Telegraph site, called 'Corduroy Mansions', with a new chapter written each day. The project started in September, and will finish in February. You can catch up online at

I thought you and your readers would be interested in this, as you keep your site updated with industry news and book reviews. I understand the No 1 Ladies Detective Agency series is also quite popular in America, and has been filmed as a TV series with HBO.

Corduroy Mansions has been running for a few weeks, and it's easy to catch up. You can read the chapters on the site, as an rss feed or email update, as a downloadable
widget, or you can follow the project on Twitter

What do you think? Have you heard of this? Is it something you're clicking over to read right now?! I'd love to hear your thoughts.


Alyce said...

I heard about it through the PR email too. I think it sounds interesting, and I have good intentions of reading it, but I just haven't had time to follow through yet. I love Alexander McCall Smith's writing.

Sarah G said...

I heard about the online book - and I really like Alexander McCall Smith, and want to read it. But the thought of reading a whole book online makes my eyes hurt!

Amy said...

I love the detective agency books, but I've read some of his other stuff and just never gotten into it. I'm not that tempted to read a book solely online...I love the feel of the book in my hands!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin