by Stephenie Meyer
Since everyone and their mother seems to have read this book already I'm not going to write a full "review". Plus I need to write and post several other reviews before Wednesday so that's another reason to keep this short. I think a bulleted list will suffice ...
- I'm not a fan of Young Adult books in general (not when I was younger, and not now) and this book didn't really change my opinion. The writing isn't great but it IS a page turner.
- Am I addicted? YES!
- Do I totally love Edward? YES!
- I'd already seen (and reviewed) the movie so there wasn't much suspense for me.
- Speaking of the movie, I liked Jasper MUCH better in the book. And Rosalie should have been much prettier in the movie ... although they did get her attitude right.
- Midnight Sun was MUCH better than this book. Edward's storytelling is far preferable to Bella's. If I had read Twilight before seeing the movie and reading Midnight Sun, I might not have continued reading this series.
- I don't see why everyone complains about Bella all that much ... she's really not that bad (so far into the series, at least).
- In reference to the point above: HOWEVER ... at the end of the book I read the teaser for book two and wanted to smack Bella.