Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

In which I wax poetic (or not)

I'm not a big fan of poetry (I don't "get" it most of the time) nor do I feel I can write anything even mildly poetic.  So when Softdrink asked us to write a poem for this month's New York Mini-Challenge I quickly marked her post as read and moved on.

But then I had second thoughts.  I mean, I've participated in every part of this challenge so far and I'm really excited about going to BEA.  And anything I come up with would be on par with Softdrink's poem, right?

Without further ado, here is my attempt at a limerick:
New York is a city for fun,
Not far from Baltimore, Hon.
It hosting BEA,
I’m going in May.
And now my limerick is done.
Feel free to laugh, I know I am!  Seriously.  I realize I don't have a poetic bone in my body.  But hey, I'll try anything once!

14 comments:

Rebecca Reid said...

I think it's great. Have a fun time at BEA!

bermudaonion said...

You did great! I wrote a haiku and will post it later this week.

Serena said...

This is a fun little limerick! I like it.

Jenny said...

Haha, that's good! Better than the one I (didn't) do. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to complete this challenge. We'll see. =)

Suey said...

Not bad! Not bad at all! :)

Natasha @ Maw Books said...

That's way better than anything I could have come up with! Yay for BEA!

Hannah Stoneham said...

Well actually I think this is rather fun - well done you!

Hannah

Alyce said...

I feel the same way about poetry that you do, except not only do I not get it, it usually makes me feel pretty unintelligent in the process too.

In my book a good poem is one I can understand. So - yay Heather! Great poem! :)

Bybee said...

There once was a girl name of Heather
Her poetic touch was light as a feather
Her limericks are enticing
Just like all of her writing
Gee, I wish we could hang out together.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Thanks everyone - I almost didn't post this, but I figured "why not?!" LOL

Bybee - YOU TOTALLY ROCK!!!

Anonymous said...

Dude, it's awesome...it's the kind of poetry I can understand!

Thanks for playing along!

Care said...

Awesome! Awesome seems to be my word today but this definitely is a terrific poem! woo hoo. Bybee's is pretty good, too.

Passages to the Past said...

Good job....I am so bad at poetry! And I am so jealous and wish I was going to BEA! Have a great time!!!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

softdrink - Remember, this WAS your idea, so I guess I can say you were my muse ... ~LOL~

Care - That Bybee, she's great, right?!

Amy - Maybe I'll get to meet you another time. :(

Blog Widget by LinkWithin