Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Lovely Links #4: Banned Books Week Edition

Welcome to the midpoint of banned books week! I'm receiving lots of banned/challenged book reviews but there is always room for more. Just post a comment to this post and I'll get you added. Remember, I need the reviews by Friday evening.

Here are some links I've come across recently that deal with the subject of banned books.
  • Here is the official website for Banned Books Week.
  • Google lets you preview portions of banned books here.
  • Book Club Girl has several great links posted, including the MySpace and Facebook pages for BBW. Who knew there was such a thing?!
  • The Debutante's Ball, a blog featuring new female authors, has been posting about banned books all week here, here, here, and here. I expect there will be more over the next few days so be sure to head back over there again.
  • This post on Rebecca Reads was sparked by a not-so-nice commenter.
  • And I briefly wrote about this last year on my book club's blog.
UPDATE: I just came across this link from Time Magazine. It highlights several banned/challenged books and gives reasons for the challenge to each one.

Do you have other links to share? Feel free to post them in the comments. (If you're reading this is a blog reader, you may want to click over to check out the comments - I'm sure there will be some great links in there!)

FYI, I'll be back to my book festival posts tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kim L said...

Thanks for sharing all the links! I've been enjoying the banned books week.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin