Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Writers Meeting Last Night ...

Last night I had the immense pleasure of speaking to the Maryland Writers Association Baltimore Chapter. Dave Rosenthal (the same Dave from the Baltimore Book Festival) and I talked a bit about the changes in printed media and the growth of blogging as an alternative information source.

We had a small but interested group of about 10 people. It was perfect for the meeting location* - just the right amount of space to make for a comfortable, easy going meeting.

Dave and I spoke for about 15 minutes then we opened the floor for questions. Personally I was thrilled with the response. The MWA members seemed genuinely interested and had lots of great questions.

I met several as-of-yet unpublished authors whose books I'm very interested in reading. Hopefully I'll be able to share more about them with you lovely readers sometime soon.

Thank you to all who attended - I'm so glad I was invited!

* The meeting was held at a little bookstore/coffee shop in Baltimore (near Camden Yards) called Baltimore Chop. Andy was an excellent host. Be sure to stop by and say hi to him if you're ever in the area!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome!

avisannschild said...

Congrats, Heather, this sounds like fun!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin