Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Monday, October 13, 2008

MIA

It might be a bit quiet around here for the next few days. You may remember me writing about my Grandpa before ... well, his younger brother is dying. My Uncle Nino is a wonderful man, a true Italian gentleman. He's always been my favorite of Grandpa's siblings. I love him very much. He's in his 80s and his health deteriorated very quickly over the past months. He's not expected to live much longer. I'm planning to visit him in New Jersey on Wednesday, if he makes it that long.

Also, I will be without a computer at work on Tuesday. That will only give me a few hours on Tuesday evening to check in before I head to NJ on Wednesday, and I doubt I'll have time to post anything. Plus I can't seem to concentrate on anything right now ... I'm just too sad.

Those of you who are the praying type, please say a prayer for Uncle Nino's family. This is a hard time for everyone. I can't imagine how my Grandpa is feeling ... it's his younger brother, and he can't travel from Florida to visit him. It's really heartbreaking.

I'll be back here as soon as I can.

20 comments:

Yasmin said...

Heather,my prayers are with you and your family. Go with Godspeed and traveling mercies.
xoxo

Alyce said...

I will be praying for your family.

momofonefornow said...

I shot up a prayer and will continue to do so. Hugs.

Ti said...

I will be thinking of you. It breaks my heart that your Grandpa won't be able to see him.

Anonymous said...

Heather, I will be thinking of you and your relatives. I hope you will be able to spend some time with your Uncle Nino. It must be so hard for your grandfather to not be able to go and see his brother.
Big, big hug from me.

Dreamybee said...

Heather,

I'm so sorry to hear about your Uncle Nino. I hope you are able to spend some quality time with him on this trip. Is your grandfather unable to visit due to medical issues/age?

You and your family have my best wishes.

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for your family. It's so hard when our family ages.

Susan Elliott said...

Your grandpa is lucky to have you to represent him when you visit Uncle Nino. My thoughts are with you...those trips are never easy but it will give great peace to your Grandfather to have you go.

Amy said...

I am so sorry. My thoughts are with you.

Literary Feline said...

My thoughts are with you, your uncle and your family, Heather.

Amanda said...

My heart goes out to you and your family. I will keep you in my prayers.

Nan said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Heather.

Sarah said...

I'm sorry to hear this. I hope that you are able to say goodbye before your uncle passes, and best wishes to you and your family.

Jill said...

I'm so sorry to hear this sad news - I will be sending good thoughts your way. Hugs from Alexandria!

Anonymous said...

Heather you and your family will be in my thoughts. Don't worry about the posting, hope you'll be great support to your family.

avisannschild said...

My thoughts are with you and your family, Heather. I hope you manage to visit your Uncle Nino tomorrow.

Photogrl said...

Thinking of you and your family...

Beth A. said...

I'm so very sorry to hear about your uncle - watching somebody die is terribly hard. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.

Jen said...

I hope that you were able to see your uncle. I will keep your family in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Heather, my thoughts are with your uncle, grandpa, and your entire family. Safe travels.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin