Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Audiobook Challenge - woohoo!

There is a buzz of controversy around audio books in the book blogosphere. Some bloggers love them, some hate them, some think they are "cheating", and there are a myriad of other opinions. As for me, I LOVE AUDIO BOOKS! Needless to say I was thrilled when I learned about this challenge. I guess I really shouldn't call it a challenge though, since it will be ridiculously easy for me ...




Here are the rules according to Royal Reviews:
  1. Anyone can join. You don't need a blog to participate.
    --Non-Bloggers: Include your information in the comment section.

  2. There are four levels:
    -- Curious – Listen to 3 Audio Books.
    -- Fascinated – Listen to 6 Audio Books.
    -- Addicted – Listen to 12 Audio Books.
    -- Obsessed – Listen to 20 Audio Books. [Heather's note: I'm going for it!!!]

  3. Audio books only.

  4. You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you. [Heather note: No list for me - I like to be random.]

  5. Challenge begins January 1st thru December, 2010. Only books started on January 1st count towards this challenge.

Are you an audio book lover? Be sure to join this challenge if you are!

9 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Have fun with this one!

Anonymous said...

I am so ridiculously excited about this challenge!!

I got your package the other day! Thank you so much!! I will be using it for this challenge :)

Megan @ audiobooklove.com

Alyce said...

I hadn't seen this challenge before, but I must join. People are going to think I'm totally crazy though because I have no self-control with the challenges. :) Really though, this will incorporate the audio book listening that I was planning to do anyway.

Kailana said...

I should join this challenge. I want to listen to more audios in 2010.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

bermudaonion - I will!

audiobooklove - So glad to hear it! I'll send you an email to chat later on. :)

Alyce - Aw, come on, you fit it with all the other challenge addicts out there - no worries! If you're like me, you already listen to this stuff anyway, so why NOT make it count for a challenge?!

Kailana - Go for it! Audio books are WONDERFUL.

Rebecca Reid said...

I enjoy audiobooks! But I'm not joinging this challenge! See me be strong and resist. This December is all about how strong I am at resisting.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Rebecca - I am in AWE of you! ~LOL~

Dawn @ sheIsTooFondOfBooks said...

OK, I'm in! This will keep me committed to my treadmill time, to. I think I'll join at the Addicted level, which is about 1 audio a month.

Thanks for sharing the info, Heather. Good luck with the challenge.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Dawn - YAY! I'm so glad! We can cheer each other on. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin