Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Friday, December 11, 2009

Have you heard the news?

The lovely Nicole from Linus's Blanket has started a Blog Talk Radio show called "That's How I Blog" - have you heard it yet? Each week on her show she spends just over an hour chatting with a book blogger, giving all her listeners a chance to get to know that blogger better. Listeners can call in to join the discussion or socialize and post questions in the chat room. And at the end of each show Nicole and her blogger guest do a mini book club discussion. These shows are so much fun!

And guess what? I get to be a guest on her show on February 9th- how cool is that?! Yes, yes, I know it is rather far off to be announcing this but I DO have a reason. You see, the book I've chosen to discuss with Nicole on our show is THE EYE OF THE WORLD, by Robert Jordan. It is a fantastic fantasy novel and one that I've loved for years. Nicole has been wanting to read it as well, and and she even won a copy of it in a contest on my blog, so this was the perfect book for us to discuss.

I'd like to invite you to read this book and join in the discussion, and I'm telling you about it now since it is rather a long book. Is there anyone out there who'd like to join in? I'm thinking of a few of you specifically ... like all the gals who signed up for my dare a few months back (Alex, Shawna, Robin, and Susan), plus Suey and Beth F (since I know they want to read this anyway) ... but the more the merrier, so if you are interested please let me know.

I'm really excited to be a part of Nicole's exciting new venture - and I hope to have the chance to chat with many of you on my show night! You can be sure that I'll post the official details when the show date gets closer.

In the meantime, if you've missed out on any of the first few episodes of That's How I Blog you can listen to them through the player below. (If you're reading in Google Reader I think you'll have click through to my blog to see the player.) Enjoy!

11 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I marked your date on my calendar.

Lezlie said...

It's long, but it's AWESOME! Should be a great discussion!

Lezlie

Anonymous said...

I got a little bogged down around book 7 of that series but I loved Eye of the World! I'll be listening!

Megan @ audiobooklove.com

Jen - Devourer of Books said...

I'm slightly worried, because the audiobook is in processing and one person is ahead of me. I hope they get the audio soon and return it on time or early, so I can get started!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

bermudaonion - I look forward to chatting w/ everyone!

Lezlie - I'm hoping the size doesn't scare people off; maybe they'll believe you that it is really good. :)

audiolove - I did as well, but if you listen to them all in order, one after the other, it all really does work together to make a great story. Thanks for planning to tune in!

Jen - Ooh, I hope so too! I'd love to hear what you think of it.

Robin M said...

I'm in. At least I'm going to try. I haven't been able to listen to the show live yet since we're usually having dinner around 6:00. I'll put the date on my calendar. Thanks for link to blog radio. I have to listening and catching up to do.

Suey said...

I hope to have it read by then! And I also hope to NOT forget to listen in on that day.

Literary Feline said...

Heather, thank you for the link to listen to past shows. I was having a hard time figuring out how to do that. I've only been able to catch one show live so far. It was a lot of fun to listen to. :-) Hopefully I'll catch your debut on the show!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Robin - I hope you can tune in, it would be great to talk to you!

Suey - I'll be posting reminders, never fear. ;)

Literary Feline - Glad to be of help! I've also put the player in my right side bar - you can catch the most recent episodes over there any time. Hope you get a chance to listen in to my show. :)

Rebecca Reid said...

that's going to be a goal for the new year: listening to that show a few times. I'm just feeling so swamped right now, I feel I'm missing out on it!!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Rebecca - Maybe you should try to listen in once a month - that's a reasonable goal! :) I haven't been able to listen live for the past few weeks but I do really enjoy it when I can, and I ALWAYS catch the show the next day if I've missed it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin