- The Cole Family Christmas (Jennifer Liu Bryan) - I read this myself last year but never got around to reading it to Kiddo
- The Best Christmas Pageant Ever (Barbara Robinson) - I know the story but I've never read it - I think kiddo would get a good laugh out of it. We're listening to the audio version in the car this week.
- Angela and the Baby Jesus - a children's book by Frank McCourt, the author of Angela's Ashes - I've heard it is great. I actually have a copy now so I will be reading this with Kiddo soon.
- A Christmas Carol (Charles Dickens) - We want to see this in the movies, but I think we'd all benefit from reading it first. I started reading it to Kiddo this week.
- Christmas In the South (or If You Can't Fry It, Spraypaint it Gold) (David C. Barnette) - a Southern gal in my book club read this last year and it sounded quite funny
- A Christmas Memory - I've been meaning to read Truman Capote's short story for a while now
Do YOU have a Christmas (or holiday) reading list? Are there books you read around this time every year? Does your family have any bookish holiday traditions? I'd love to hear about them.