Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Lovely Links #14

I've been finding all sorts of fun and interesting things online recently so that means it is time for another Lovely Links. Hope you enjoy them!

Fun Stuff
  • Spontaneous dancing at a train station in Belgium - this is GREAT!
  • Ever wondered about the difference between Pixar and Dreamworks studios? This hilarious cartoon will end your confusion forever.
  • If you are on Twitter you can follow Darth Vader's tweets! And R2D2's, and lots of other sci-fi characters. (Hmm, maybe I should be tweeting too? Yeah, I think not. Too addicting.)
  • Have you had your allotment of cuteness for the day? These baby Asian small-clawed otters will definitely help with that - they are too cute to pass up!
  • If you've read Twilight you have to go check out this short comic - you will totally identify!

History
  • Ever wondered where the sign "Rx" came from? Wonder no longer.
  • Schindler's actual list (one of them anyway) is found.
  • Remember Billy Joel's song "We Didn't Start the Fire"? Did you catch all the historical references in there? Go check out this amazing video that includes images for EVERY SINGLE REFERENCE in the song - and you'll be singing along for the rest of the day too.
  • Are you a fan of the TV show "The Tudors"? Check in at S.Krisha's blog every Monday for a recap of the most recent episode and chime in with your comments.
  • Those ancient Chinese terracotta statues may not be warriors ... but servants.
Books
  • Are audio books considered "cheating" or do they count as reading? This post examines that idea.

Reality
  • An update on the child actors from the film "Slumdog Millionaire" can be found here. Thanks to Amy for pointing this out.
  • Talk about a UNIQUE way to celebrate Passover! Author Laurie R. King attended a Seder meal at which there was lots of singing ... "Matzo, Matzo, Man" was only one of the many song adaptations. This post is VERY funny - I've been sharing it with everyone.
  • Never judge a book by the cover, or a person by their appearance ... and this clip bears that out:

9 comments:

Bibliolatrist said...

wow - great link post - thanks!

Jen - Devourer of Books said...

I saw that woman on the news this morning. Before she started singing I thought I was going to see a Monty Python sketch or something. She has an amazing voice, though.

Unknown said...

My uncle sent me the Susan Boyle clip last night - she is amazing!

Anonymous said...

What fun links! Thanks!

Lenore Appelhans said...

I love that Pixar vs Dreamworks cartoon. I saw it awhile back and thought "So True!"

Dreamybee said...

Jon Stewart recently had Jehan Sadat on his show, and he mentioned Begin, and my first thought was, "Begin, Reagan, Palestine, terror on the airline." Cool video, showing all the references.

That is a great clip from Britain's Got Talent. Good lesson to all of us on not judging a book by its cover.

musingwoman said...

Darth Vader tweeting. I think I've heard everything, now. :)

Dave said...

Heather, great post. I'll be using the Passover song at next year's Seder. The Sound of Music will never be the same. :)

Allison said...

Love your links! I find myself finding things like this all evening long..sometimes I am amazed I get anything done!! Thanks for sharing!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin