Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Friday, April 3, 2009

Random Update

So it might be quiet for a few days around here. See, I'm sort of ... exhausted. By the time I'm getting home from work I just want to lounge on my couch of course there are all sorts of activities to do with kiddo before that can happen. By the time I DO get to relax I'm too tired to read.

But I AM reading - and they are some pretty cool books too. Here's a sneak peak at the books I'll be reviewing soon ...
  • Evelina, by Fanny Burney - This book is from the late 1700s and it is FUN! If you like Pride & Prejudice and books of that nature then you will enjoy Evelina. I'm reading it for the 1% Well Read Challenge. The entire book is a series of letters between 17-year-old Evelina and her family and friends. She was raised quietly in the country and I'm at the part where she visits London for the first time. She accidentally insults some people and accidentally impresses others, and she relates all this to her guardian in her letters. I'm having such a good time reading this one!

  • Locked Rooms, by Laurie R. King - This is the 8th in the Mary Russell/Sherlock Holmes series. It is good, but I can't seem to stick with it for more than a chapter at a time. I think that has a lot to do with me being to tired though. And I just found out it is the book up for discussion in the author's Virtual Book Club - I'll definitely be participating this month!

  • The Secret of Lost Things, by Sheridan Hay - This is my current audio book. Unfortunately I'm not finding much time to listen to it. That, and it isn't drawing me in as quickly as I'd hoped. Again, this could have to do with my exhaustion level ...
I probably won't have many reviews up during the next week but I have some photo posts I'd like to do. Hopefully you all will enjoy them ... and I promise to get some book-related stuff up soon.

9 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I don't know how some of you young bloggers do as much as you do. Take care of yourself.

Ti said...

It's the same for me. When you leave the house at 6am and don't get back until 6pm, it's hard to fit it all in. I am often exhausted but with a relaxing weekend I am all ready to do it again come Monday.

Hang in there. Try to get some rest. We are leaving for a mini-vacation after the kids get out of school today so I am hoping to unwind a bit.

Serena said...

I'm impressed with your stamina in terms of reading as a working mother. I say take a break and have some you time.

Robin M said...

Take some me time - we'll still be here when you get back.

Unknown said...

I can so relate to what you mean about being exhausted. By the time I come home from work I can be so tired I can read, but not even understand what I've read. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid I was a bit disappointed with The Secret of Lost Things...but then I was expecting great things.

Hope you have a relaxing weekend!

Bybee said...

Someone gave me The Secret Of Lost Things, but I haven't read it yet.

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

I hear ya! I don't have kiddos yet but I'm exhausted just the same when I come home from work. That's part of the reason why I leave just a little bit early so that I can sneak in some reading before leaving my car and walking to the office.

alex said...

Hope you are doing okay! i read the secret of lost things and really enjoyed it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin