Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

July '09 Recap


This was a great month for reading/listening for me, much better than the last few months. Here's a recap of my July ... as always, links take you to my reviews.


Books - 7
(2,842 pages)

Audio Books - 4 (52.25 hours)
  • Moll Flanders (12.5 hours) - for the 1% Well Read Challenge - this classic was lots of fun!
  • Tides of War (17.75 hours) - epic set in ancient Greece - not a big fan of this one
  • The Survivors Club (11.5 hours) - why some people survive disasters - quite interesting
  • The Horse Boy (10.5 hours) - a family's unique response to autism - fascinating

Mom & Son Book Club
  • Um ... no progress here. BUT Kiddo's tutor has been helping a great deal this summer and I think he'll be ready for 2nd grade by the end of the month.

Other Stats
  • I wrote about some of my favorite books from the preblogging days as part of the weekly meme "My Favorite Reads". This month I talked about The Mists of Avalon, Treasure Island, and Sarum.

  • I listened to a few hours of Jules Verne's 20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA but I gave up on it after a while. I've realized that for me, Verne's books are meant to be read not listened to. I'll definitely pick up a "real" copy of this one at some point.

  • My TBR list gained 19 titles this month.

Hope you all are having a wonderful summer!

3 comments:

Meghan said...

You read some good ones! I'm looking forward to your Guernsey review. I loved that book too!

Becca said...

I am glad that your son's tutor is helping him! That is, I am sure, such a relief to you to know he will be caught up.

Great reading this month! I finished 7 books in July total. I have been wanting to participate in Alyce's My Favorite Reads but have not gotten around to it yet. Perhaps in August I can get my act together!

Anna said...

Great month! I'm looking forward to your Guernsey review. I loved that book.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Blog Widget by LinkWithin