Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Sept/Oct Read Along Reminder

A while back I invited anyone interested to read along with me when I tackle CRANFORD and FRANKENSTEIN for the 1% Well-Read Challenge. A bunch of you jumped on that bandwagon and I'm really excited to get started!
  • We'll be reading CRANFORD, by Elizabeth Gaskell, in September. No rules for participation, just plan on reading it next month and posting about it. I'm going to browse some reading guides and maybe post questions to consider just as a guideline. My review will go up later in the month. If you'd like, you can read this book online (or print it out) through Project Gutenberg at this link.
  • In October, just in time for Halloween, we'll be reading FRANKENSTEIN, by Mary Shelley (Project Gutenberg link here). I was able to get my hands on a SparkNotes guide to this book and I'm hoping it has some interesting info inside. Again, I'll post questions/info early in the month then do my review close to the end of the month.
If you didn't sign up to read along with me but you are interested now, please join us! Let me know in the comments if plan to participate for either book.


.

6 comments:

Lezlie said...

I just finished Cranford the other day. It is soooo good! I totally didn't think it would be something I would really like, but I *adored* it!!

Lezlie

Lezlie said...

Oh! And I'm looking forward to rereading Frankensstein with you! :-)

Lezlie

Anna van Gelderen said...

I am still looking forward to reading Frankenstein with you in October. It's already sitting on my nightstand.

Robin M said...

I'm looking forward to reading Frankenstein with you in October. Now let's see if I can find it in the shelves. I know it's there somewhere.

Amateur Reader (Tom) said...

Why, I just started Cranford, about two hours ago. So I'll join in.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Lezlie - So glad you enjoyed Cranford (I've already read your review!). Glad to have you with us for Frank. :)

Anna & Robin - Great!

Amateur Reader - Perfect timing! Glad to have you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin