Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Queen of Awe-Summm!

I've been really lame about acknowledging awards and passing them along. Actually, I quit cold turkey because it was getting a bit out of hand. But then I started feeling guilty that I was being rude ...

So I'm here to say THANK YOU! to A Novel Menagerie for giving me "The Queen of ALLL Things Awe-Summm!" award.

Once you receive this award, you have to share 7 Awe-Summm things about yourself and then pass it on to 7 others. Here goes ...
  1. Weight Loss - This is the most awesome thing going on with me right now. I started Weight Watchers on April 1 because I was one pound less than my 9-month-pregnant weight ... yuck. Since then I have lost over 10% of my body weight for a total of just over 18 pounds - that is 4 sizes smaller than I was!!! AWESOME.
  2. Mom - I'm momma to the most awesome kid in the world. You know him as Kiddo. :)
  3. Book Club - My other name is The Book Club Madam because I keep all my book club gals in line. ~LOL~
  4. Panel Moderator - In Sept. I'm moderating a panel all about book clubs at the Baltimore Book Festival. The awesome part is that I suggested they do this - and they asked me to put it together! Woohoo!
  5. Survivor IQ = Believer - After listening to THE SURVIVORS CLUB (review coming soon) I took the Survivor IQ test and found out that I'm a "Believer". You can view my results here - I think they are pretty awesome, and so are the things in my "Toolkit" on the left of that page.
  6. Ancestors - I'm very interested in genealogy and I think I have some of the most interesting people in my family. For example, my grandparents are fabulous. I've written about them several times before but here's video so you can actually see them. My grandpa is Italian and gram is Irish/English, and they've been married for 62 years. Having them in my family is awesome!



  7. Blogging - I have met the most awesome people both online and in person because of blogging. You are ALL awesome. I love reading and writing about books, and I think that blogging has brought out parts of my personality that had been hidden away for a long time.
I love all my readers and so I'm not going to tag anyone in particular. If you are reading this, consider yourself the Queen or King of Awe-Summm! and feel free to post this on your blog and pass it along. I love you all. :)

11 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Congratulations on your award and on losing all that weight. That is awesome! Your grandparents are adorable.

marie said...

Hi Heather, You ARE awesome! Congrats on the weight loss ~ I joined WW in March and I'm about two pounds away from my 10%...maybe next week!
I loved the video of your grandparents ~ they look like they're having fun!
As for an awesome "kiddo" ~ absolutely!! Please tell that awesome young man that we're sorry we've missed the past few weeks of hockey ~ we've just been running hither and un these days...next week is out too. But I have the following week on my calendar. I hope he's playing that day (two weeks from today)!

ANovelMenagerie said...

Congrats on everything, especially the weight loss! That's great!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

bermudaonion & ANovelMenagerie - Thanks so much!

Marie - Thanks! And congrats to you on the WW success - I've been thrilled with it myself. We had a great group at Kiddo's hockey game today, but we missed you anyway. He IS playing in two weeks so hopefully we'll see you then.

Susan Elliott said...

I saved this post in my reader just so I could continue to hear your grandparents singing together -- what a treasure that is...

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Plays with Needles - Wow, thanks. I just love that video. :)

Dawn - She is Too Fond of Books said...

Heather, you are awesome! This is a great list you've compiled, and you should be rightly proud of your family and your personal accomplishments.

Becca said...

Congrats on your award, Heather! Well-deserved!

Your grandparents are so adorable! I want to take them home. :)

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Rebecca - thanks so much! they're great, aren't they?!

Anonymous said...

Yay on the weight loss!! Keep up the awesome work!

And I feel the same way about awards. The best I've been able to do is stip passing them on. Which seems kind of selfish, but does alleviate a lot of mental anguish. :-D

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

softdrink - thanks, I'm really thrilled with my results! And I'm glad I'm not the only one with award issues...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin