Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Today's Random Thoughts (or The Things That Are Keeping Me From Working Today)

I don't have it together enough to do a "real" post today and I've run out of prescheduled ones. Here are the things that are keeping me from concentrating at work today, and other miscellaneous thoughts.
  • Thanks to my wonderful readers I was nominated for 3 awards for BBAW (so far). I've submitted my info for Best History/Historical Fiction blog and I'm working on my info for Best General Review Blog (much harder to do). I was also nominated for best YA Blog but I asked to be removed from the running (I don't think I fit that category at all but someone obviously does since he/she nominated me).
  • I have 2 recap posts to write about my last book club meeting and I'm simply not in the mood to do them. The meeting was great though.
  • There's a project I'm supposed to be working on for my job but it has been given such a low priority by the rest of the company that I don't feel motivated to do it. Ugh.
  • The Baltimore Book Festival is coming in Sept. and I'm still working on the topics for my panel to discuss. I'm really excited but I'd like to be done with the planning now.
  • Cub Scouts starts in a few weeks and I'm the Den Leader for Kiddo's Wolf Den. Of course that also requires tons of planning (of which I've done very little so far).
  • I'm hosting a 12-hour scrapbooking event on 8/29. Most of the planning is done but there's still stuff to do that I'm behind on.
  • Hubby and I are sharing one car this week. It requires lots of pre-planning ... and it's getting old real quick.
  • 18 members of my family went to the dinner theater last night to see "Oklahoma!" We had a great time. I'd never seen this play before so that was a bonus. Today of course I'm tired and would rather be home in bed.
  • I have a Zoo on Facebook that has become a HUGE time sucker - I think I need to be cut off. (Anyone else want a Zoo? I can show you how to get one - it's fun and easy! [Can you tell I'm completely addicted?!])
  • I've been at work for two hours and just now realized that I haven't had my tea-and-granola-bar breakfast yet. No wonder I'm out of it! Be right back ...

Ok, now I've had breakfast and I'm going to share a few pictures with you.


Kiddo at another Harry Potter event at our library - my mom made his robe, my dad made him a "real" wand, he chose to wear a ninja shirt that he says looks like Slytherin, and he had a lightning bolt tattoo on his head like Harry


My Gram and Grandpa, Eileen and Nick, at the dinner theater last night



My sister and a few cousins - some of us went with fancy dresses, others went with the western theme of the play


and finally, my sister and her husband with me and mine - I'd NEVER have fit in that black dress before my success with Weight Watchers


Ok, I'm going to TRY to get back to work now ...


.

15 comments:

Ti said...

Heather...you look fab in that last pic! I do WW as well as the Game On Diet and have lost 18 lbs now. YAY!

Robin M said...

Beautiful pictures. Sounds like fun - getting to see the play Oklahoma.

You have got a lot on your plate. My son keeps trying to talk me into becoming a den leader but I just don't have the time.

Have a good day and get to work on that Project! :)

ME said...

Glad to hear someone else has got a lot on her plate. I keep checking stuff off and more keeps climbing on. The dress is beautiful and you look great!

bermudaonion said...

The dinner theater with so much family sounds like great fun!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Ti - Thanks! I'm down from a size 14 to a size 10 - woohoo!!!!

Robin - We did have a great time. As for Cub Scouts, our pack is really small and having some serious leadership issues - it was a situation where if I didn't do it, there would be no Wold Den. So I'm doing it. :)

Goddess - Thank you so much!

Bermuda - Yes, it was great. And b/c we are such a large group they had to split us into two table - it worked out great b/c I got to really talk to people I hadn't seen in a long time.

Photogrl said...

Kiddo is so cute!

And you are looking hot! Way to go on the weight loss!

Lenore Appelhans said...

There are a ton of things keeping me from working too!

Congrats on your noms and good luck making the shortlist!!

rhapsodyinbooks said...

The dress looks great! Congratulations on the awards and the weight loss!

Lisa said...

Dinner theater with family sounds great and I love "Oklahoma!"

In addition to all of those great BBAW noms, I've awarded you the Zombie Chicken award at:
http://litandlife.blogspot.com/2009/08/zombie-chicken-award.html

Bybee said...

you're ssssmokin' in your black dress!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Photogrl, Lenore, & rhapsody - THANK YOU!

Lit and Life - Oh my! Must go check that out right now. :)

Bybee - ~LOL~

MizB said...

Congrats on fitting into the black dress! I'm sooo wishing I was having more luck with weight loss... but everything I try, lately, just doesn't stick. I need to fit into a dress (one size smaller) for my sister's wedding in October, and it's not lookin' good! LOL.

~MizB

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

MizB - Thanks so much! Weight Watchers really worked for me, but I realize that everyone is different. I wish you lots of luck with that dress!

Dawn @ sheIsTooFondOfBooks said...

congrats on your nominations, Heather, and good luck with the rest of the BBAW award selections!

You look fabulous, and it sounds like you feel really good about your program with WW - yahoo for you!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Dawn - Thanks Dawn, for the BBAW stuff and the weight loss - I'm feeling great about both!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin