Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I've been dared ... and it's all Chartroose's fault

I’m REALLY behind on this (sorry Chartroose!) but here goes …


There’s this great thing going around the blogosphere at the moment – it’s the I Dare You To Accept This Challenge. Here's the deal:
Maybe your best friend only reads romances or maybe all he watches is sports. You think that she/he needs to branch out, but what can you do? Well, what did you do when you were younger? You dared people to do things that they might not normally do. So, why not dare your friend to read your 10 favorite books by Stephen King? Or maybe your 10 favorite episodes of The Big Bang Theory. Or perhaps your 10 favorite Bollywood films? Or what ever else comes to mind.
Sounds like fun, right? Well the wild and crazy Chartroose has challenged me to – are you ready for this?! – "watch 10 original Battlestar Galactica episodes (starring Dirk Benedict & Lorne Greene)." HA! This should be interesting, seeing as I’ve never watched any of the old or new Battlestar Galactica nor have I had any desire to do so. I do, however, love scifi in general so I’m thinking I might actually enjoy this show ... other than the sure-to-be-horribly-outdated special effects. If I watch all 10 and write a post about it Chartroose will buy me a book of my choice - woohoo!

I’d LOVE to find some interesting challenges for my wonderful readers to complete. If you’re up for it, leave me a comment letting me know. I’ll do a serious perusal of your blog and combine that with whatever I know about you to come up with a challenge personalized just for you. Of course prizes will be awarded to any who meet their challenges so take me up on this!

You can read more about the I Dare You To Accept This Challenge at the dedicated blog and also see what challenges other people are giving and accepting. Now if I can only find episodes of BG on the web somewhere …

7 comments:

momofonefornow said...

I love a good dare! I am in!

Robin M said...

Sounds like a lot of fun and i'm sure you'll enjoy the old battlestar galatica shows.

I'll bite - challenge me. :)

Anonymous said...

You're not as behind as me! I still have to finish my acceptance post.

Serena said...

good luck with Battlestar Gallactica.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

momofonefornow and robin - WOOHOO! I'll start thinking about challenges for you and do some extra blog browsing this weekend ... hopefully I'll come up with something good.

softdrink - ha! at least I'm ahead of someone else. :)

serena - doesn't sound like you are a fan! ~LOL~

ME said...

You have hooked me onto some good stuff, so if you are up for the challenge, go ahead and dare me!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Goddess - You got it girl!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin