Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Saturday, October 3, 2009

BBF Recap: The Book Club Toolkit Panel

Baltimore Book Festival Recap
My Panel – The Book Club Toolkit


I have been working toward Saturday, Sept. 26, for several months now and part of me can’t believe it is all over. On the whole, everything went very well – I’m so pleased!

Early that morning I got a message from one of the panelists; her son was injured at football and she was at the hospital with him. Needless to say, she wouldn’t be able to make it. However it worked out in the end because the other 4 ladies had more than enough to say to fill our allotted hour. In fact, we could have continued to chat for hours without running out of info to convey!

Panelists from left to right: Nancy Berla, Natalie Wiekart, Cheryl Hazel, and Trish Collins. For details about the panelists click here. (I'm not in the photo but I am in the videos.)

I did my best to capture the panel on video using my digital camera. I didn’t get all of it, but I did get some. Below are the four videos I took – I hope you enjoy them!









I am so grateful to Barbara Mead of Reading Group Choices for the bags of books she brought as giveaways and for attending the panel, and also to author Kelly Simmons for the book club pack of her novel STANDING STILL and for attending the panel as well.

The gal in charge of the tent where we held the panel was thrilled with the audience response; she invited me to work with her at next year’s Festival as well. She also introduced me to the head of publicity at the Pratt Library in Baltimore (it’s a huge, well-respected library system) who wants to talk to me about working with the Pratt at the CityLit Festival in April. Add that to the great comments I heard from the audience, and I can say that the panel was a definite success!

Once you get a chance to check out some of the videos I hope you'll let me know what you thought of it - any input would be great.

8 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Sounds fantastic! I wish I could have been there.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

bermuda - Me too! I'd have loved to meet you. :)

Anonymous said...

I've only watched parts of the videos so far, but it looks fantastic! I can't get over how composed you are...so professional!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, wait, that sounds bad. Not that I expected anything less...it's just that I get all nervous in front of groups. You, on the other hand, are a natural.

Beth F said...

Fantastic. I'll have to come back to listen some more. Next year for sure!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

softdrink - Thanks, and no worries - I knew what you meant! ~LOL~ Honestly, I have no problem being in front of people ... I have rather a big mouth. :)

Beth F - Are you nearby? I'd definitely love to meet you!

Dawn @ sheIsTooFondOfBooks said...

Heather - great panel! You're so poised and enthusiastic. Yes, I can imagine the group would have kept talking, very engaging :)

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Thanks Dawn! Yeah, we could have talked all day. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin