Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Dueling Monsters Read-a-long

Are you ready to take on a monster? Now is the time! Join Jill from Fizzy Thoughts and I as we host a month of Dueling Monsters!

Here at Age 30+ ... A Lifetime of Books we'll be reading FRANKENSTEIN by Mary Shelley. Over at Fizzy Thoughts they'll be reading DRACULA by Bram Stoker. Jill and I will both post discussion questions for our own book as well as questions comparing the two (in case you've read both).

Posting Schedule
  • 10/1 - we begin with a list of questions to consider as you read - here's the Frankenstein link, and here's the Dracula link
  • 10/15 - we'll do an update post to see how everyone is coming along
  • 10/31 - we'll post a recap of the read-a-long with links to each participants review

Why Read About Monsters?

Other than the fact that these books are classics so of course you should read them, I'd also say that they are surprising good (at least, DRACULA is good - I haven't read FRANKENSTEIN yet). Plus they count toward the 1% Well Read Challenge and lots of other challenges out there. And besides, it will be fun!


Sign Up Now

There's no official sign up for this read-a-long, just leave a comment letting us know to include you and which book you'll be reading. Then be sure to check in either here or at Fizzy Thoughts for the update and recap posts. And feel free to use either of the buttons above on you blog!

Happy - or should I say CREEPY - reading.

Mwahahahaha!

9 comments:

Nicole (Linus's Blanket) said...

It was so much fun to meet you last week! It already seems like ages ago, so we will have to do it again soon. I'll let you know when I'm in the area again. I hope kiddo continues to get better quickly. He sounds like he is so brave. Much love to you and your family!

I'm in for Frankenstein

Robin M said...

I'll be joining you in reading Frankenstein. Hope kiddo recovers quickly. Give him a hug from us.

Anna van Gelderen said...

I'll start reading Frankenstein as soon as I have finished The Testament of Gideon Mack, which will be in a couple of days.

Valerie said...

As I have already said, I'll be reading "Frankenstein", but wanted to make it official by mentioning it here :-).

Lady Tobi said...

I'm in for Frankenstein. I just read Dracula a few weeks ago so this is going to be fun.

Bybee said...

I have not read either of these books..I think I'll see if I can find them at the library...

Anonymous said...

Dracula and I are getting along great! In fact, I'm almost finished. So it's looking promising for Frank.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Nicole - It was great to meet you too! Kiddo is doing well, thanks. And I've got you on the list for Frank now. :)

Robin - You got it!

Anna - Great, I'm sure you'll have plenty of time to read it.

Valerie - Got it!

tokemise - Great, you're in!

Bybee - OOh, I hope they have them - keep me posted.

softdrink - Thanks for dueling with me - this will be fun. :)

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

Oooh. I have both of these books and never read either. I'm going to take them both out and decide on one soon. I'm leaning towards Dracula though!

What a fun idea!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin