Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Shamelessly Asking For Votes ...

Click here to vote for my blog ... early and often

Just a few days before Kiddo's surgery (as in, when my life was starting to go crazy), I received the following email from The Baltimore Sun:
Congratulations! Age 30+ … A Lifetime of Books has been nominated for a Mobbie, the Baltimore Sun’s first annual awards recognizing Maryland’s Outstanding Blogs, and we’d love for you to join us for a celebration and blogger meet-up on Wednesday, Oct. 14. We’ll hand out awards and prizes for the top blogs at the Metro Gallery, 1700 N. Charles St. in Baltimore (across from the Charles Theatre), starting at 7 p.m.

Some more details about the contest:

Voting in each category begins at 8 a.m. Monday and continues through 5 p.m. Friday, Oct. 9. You and your readers can vote once a day in each category. Clicking on the “tell a friend” link under your blog’s name, starting Monday, will allow you to grab a badge you can include on your site to encourage your readers to vote for you.

Mark your calendar now for the Mobbie awards — it should be a fun night of awards and prizes and a great chance to chat with other bloggers! Mobster attire is optional, and guests are welcome.
Is that cool or what?! My blog was nominated in the "Misfits: Defying Categorization" category. I'd love it if you would hop over and vote for me ... every day! :)

Thank you all! Not sure who nominated me, but I'm thrilled about the whole thing. I mean, there is an awards night?! An evening with other bloggers - what fun!!!

11 comments:

sarah Pekkanen said...

congrats!!! I'm a former features writer for the Sun (turned novelist)and it's so cool they are doing this. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Heather! I will certainly vote for you.

bermudaonion said...

I actually saw this on Read Street and voted for you already!

marie said...

Super news!
You've got my vote!

Alyce said...

Congratulations! That is so awesome! I'll go vote for you. :)

Amy said...

So cool! I'll vote for you!

chrisa511 said...

That's so awesome Heather :D You've got my votes!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

*** thank you all! ***

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I'm ready to stuff the ballot box. :-D

Anna said...

Congrats and Good luck! You have my vote.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

trish said...

Good luck! I voted for you, and will try to remember to vote for you again!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin