Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Friday, October 9, 2009

Septemeber '09 Recap


Ah, September ... it was a month of absolute craziness at my house. I prepared for and ran a panel about book clubs at the Baltimore Book Festival, spent a short weekend at the beach, and Kiddo had his feeding tube put in. On top of all that, my Gram and Grandpa couldn't go back home to Florida in September as scheduled because Gram was diagnosed with cancer and needs to be treated asap. Needless to say, all those things combined did not make for a good reading month. Honestly I'm surprised I did as well as I did!


Books - 4
(1,024 pages)
Audio Books - 2 (25 hours)
  • Ines Of My Soul (12.5 hours) - a very rich and detailed historical novel
  • The Odyssey (12.5 hours) - I enjoyed this ancient classic very much
Mom & Son Book Club
  • We're working on Sea of Monsters, book 2 of the Percy Jackson series. We got off of our one-chapter-a-night schedule but hopefully we'll be able to finish within the next few weeks. Kiddo's cousin sent him books 3, 4, and 5 as a get well gift so we won't have to wait for them at the library anymore - yay!
DNF - 1
  • I gave up on My Antonia this month. I didn't like it in high school and I still don't like it today.
Other Stats
  • I finally caved and joined Twitter this month. If you're on there too you can find me @Age30Books. Let's tweet! (Kiddo loves the concept of "tweeting"!)
  • My TBR list gained 13 titles this month.

Kiddo continues to recover from his surgery and adjust to life with a feeding tube. And yesterday his doctor said he could start adding foods back in slowly, starting with potatoes ... so he got his Burger King french fries yesterday - woohoo!

5 comments:

Suey said...

Yey for french fries! And fitting reading in even if it is an icky month!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Thanks Suey - things are definitely looking up. :)

Kailana said...

I will never know how people listen to audiobooks of such length! I only listen to them in my car because I find I can't pay attention otherwise...

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Kailana - I actually listen in my car as well. It is a 20 minute drive to work and a 20 minute drive home, so I get just under an hour done every day. A 12 hour books takes a little over two weeks, and it really works for me. The only other place I occasionally listen in in the kitchen when I'm cooking or doing dishes - neither requires too much thought.

Anna said...

With all that going on, I'm surprised you read any books. I know I wouldn't have been able to concentrate. Hopefully October will be better to you.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Blog Widget by LinkWithin