Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Monday, June 21, 2010

Audiobook Week: Intro, Link, and Schedule

Intro ...

If you’ve been following my blog for any amount of time then you know that I’m a huge fan of audio books. They make up about half of the books I consume each month. I’ve written about why I love them and how I choose them in the past, and soon I’ll get to spread the love again because …


Hosted by Devourer of Books, a fellow audiobook junkie

The details are available here and there is still time to participate at any level you like.  You can share your thoughts on the daily blogging topics, post audiobook reviews, or simply comment on audiobook posts - whatever floats your boat!


Link ... 

A few months back I wrote a post about why I love audio books and when I listen to them.  Since those are the blogging topics for Monday and Thursday I'm just going to direct you to that post - I do hope you'll check it out and answer the questions I posed at the end.


Schedule ...

Each day this week I’ll be posting an audiobook review from a different genre. Here’s what you can expect to see:
  • Tuesday: CLASSIC: Persuasion, by Jane Austen
  • Wednesday: HISTORICAL FICTION: The Burning Land, by Bernard Cornwell
  • Thursday: YOUNG ADULT: Suite Scarlett, by Maureen Johnson – with a contest!
  • Friday: NON-FICTION: Indian Heroes and Great Chieftains, by Charles Eastman
I hope you enjoy this concentrated dose of audiobook love. I hope it will encourage you to try an audiobook or a genre that is new to you!

6 comments:

Jen - devourer of books said...

I love your range of genres for audiobook reviews this week, can't wait to read them!

Beth F said...

I agree -- great selection of audio reviews.

Anonymous said...

I agree, I love the range of audiobooks reviewed.

I have to add though that I'm looking forward to your review of Persuasion in particular.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Heather, I like variety as well with audio books. I have been listening to them for about (10) years. I think my first audio books were ones by Anne Tyler or Barbara Kingsolver, and James Patterson. It's easy to multi-task and enjoy a book, so what a reader's dream :)

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I look forward to your reviews. I wish I would have prepped enough for this to do an audio review a day. I have audios going but need to finish them :)

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Jen - Thanks for putting this week together - I'm so excited to participate!

Beth F & irisonbooks - Well, I'm nothing if not eclectic ... :)

Diane - Exactly! They make it much easier to drive long distances and get chores done.

Sheila - I think I just got lucky on this - I was finishing up a few after BEA so I saved the reviews for this week.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin