Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Tea With My Book Club

Last month my book club did something a bit unusual - we went to High Tea at a colonial-era tavern in Annapolis, Maryland.  I think my club is wonderful, and it fascinates me to see how each member found her way to us ...

Here's my mom (obviously she joined the club through my sister and I), a friend from high school (who was invited by another high school friend), and me:


Below on the left is a gal who found our club on the internet a few years ago and who has become a vital member of the club and a great friend, and next to her is a friend she recently invited to join


Below on the right is my sister, and on the left is a gal I met through blogging ... and yes, both of them are pregnant [update: my sister is the one who just had her baby]



These are not all the members of my club (sorry to everyone who wasn't included!) but this is the group we had for our High Tea.  We had a lovely afternoon doing something that most of us had never done before.  Unfortunately the book didn't prove to be all that great, but that didn't really matter since we were having such a good time.

11 comments:

Trisha said...

I am so jealous. ;)

Jen-Girls Gone Reading said...

I went to high tea once at the Drake in Chicago. It was a great experience...Your book club sounds fantastic!

Tales of Whimsy said...

Consider me horribly jealous ;) I want a tea book club meeting :)

Anonymous said...

that was SO fun! ~melissa

Hannah Stoneham said...

That looks great fun and makes me hungry for a scone!

Jess said...

What did you read and discuss?

Nan said...

What a perfectly fun time - friends, books, food!! I love the pictures!

monica @ paperbridges.net said...

we have a high tea room nearby us and I've never been. hmmmm. perhaps soon...

I love the pictures too. I love seeing real people on book blogs.

Nicole (Linus's Blanket) said...

A few years back I organized tea with my friends and it was lt of fun. It is the perfect thing to offset an imperfect book.

Anonymous said...

You all look like you were having a wonderful time! My daughter and I go to a little place here sometimes that serves high tea. Yummy!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Jess - The book was THREE CUPS OF TEA by Greg Mortensen; an inspiring story but a boring book.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin